T 34/85 Zvesda 1/35 Abandoned

K-4

Addict
Hi guys, I start building my second tank, The T34/85, a friend gave me this model Zvesda 1/35, as is, semi- armed and I will try to make like is in the picture ABANDONED. Sending a few pics of the process.

Watch Comments.

IMG007.jpg
IMG001.jpg
IMG002.jpg
IMG003.jpg
IMG005.jpg
IMG004.jpg
DSC00661.jpg
DSC00667.jpg
DSC00668.jpg
DSC00666.jpg
DSC00664.jpg
DSC00665.jpg
DSC00663.jpg
DSC00662.jpg

Regards

Richard

K4 ,

It looks like a Good start ... Where is the picture from ? It's a cool shot with th T-34 sittin' on th beach.

Awesome project....this will be cool! ;D Middle Eastern?? Judging by the looks of the shoreline....and the Aribic?? writing on the back of the turret? Looking forward to seeing your progress K4!! ;)

what a cool picture and im sure it will look awsome once done

Thanks guys for the comments, the truth, I'm not sure of where is this tank???, I found another pic, and appears on the north coast, Socotra Island, Yemen, I send the link, soon coming new pics of the assembly process of T 34 / 85

http://www.superstock.com/stock-photos-images/1566-535368

IMG008.jpg

I comment them, the weather is too cold in my country (Chile), everything appears frozen in the mornings, you are enjoying the summer there, you are lucky friends.

Regards

Richard

that looks interesting! original idea to depict that vehicle. good luck with painting!

Thanks TRM, for the information, I needed a walk around of the T-34/85, now I will have to work more on the model.

Friends:

I need a hand, the color scheme the T-34/85, was Russian Green? or Sand Brown?, was camouflage green and sand mix, or simply, is dust weathering?

Diapositiva1.jpg
Diapositiva2.jpg
03.jpg
04.jpg

Watch for comments

Regards

Richard

I don't think you should worry too much about your paint colors being right.... ball park it !!! it's like 30+ years old.... and sun burnt ! Salt water washed !!! and Sand blasted to shred.....

This will make a nice conversation piece.... looking forward to see how Far you can Push the Envelope on this one.... a very nice RUST UP project in deed !!!

Take care !

out !

Hello Richard...your welcome. I agree with Norm in the sense that with weathering from the coastline and the UV factor over 30 some odd years, you should come close to a match once you get there. From here, it does look an awfully lot like a camo pattern that was on there. Green & sandy mix. Not a bad idea planning out the paint job while you build. Get's y6ou prepared for that sweet end game.I see a nice rusty base, hairspray and some salt in your future though on this bad boy!!! Make sure you post your progress....I would love to see how this goes!! ;D

Yes, I must agree with what everyone has already said. :)
This will be a cool project, and it will be interesting to watch as it unfolds. :)

schweinhund227 said:
I don't think you should worry too much about your paint colors being right.... ball park it !!! it's like 30+ years old.... and sun burnt ! Salt water washed !!! and Sand blasted to shred.....

:) Hola / hey, K-4

I must agree with the guys, specially with Schweinhund´s comment.

ANY chromatic resemblance with the original colors in wich the tank was painted must be, simply, impossible...

Cheers / saludos.
RG

Hey guys, thanks for comments, I show you my new progress in T-34/85, really I don`t like how see the engine cover of the Zvezda and decided to copy the engine cover of the dragon model T-34/85 Mod . 1944 in resin, now looks good and I'm happy in the assembly. I send you pics of the step.

IMG10.jpg
85.jpg
RichardOrdenes010108_11.jpg
RichardOrdenes010108_25.jpg
RichardOrdenes010108_29.jpg
RichardOrdenes010108_32.jpg
IMG_0474.jpg
IMG_0476.jpg
IMG_0483.jpg
IMG_0485.jpg
IMG_0482.jpg
IMG_0481.jpg

Coming Soon!!!!!

Foto5.jpg

Regards

Richard

Remarkable stuff there Richard! That cast looks a lot better!!! Nice damage control to the fender as well. Not to sure about scale on the tea strainer...close?? Might be close enough though. Give it a shot!! Looks great, Keep it coming!! ;D

Hi guys, new advances of my T-34/85
I really hate the cyanocrylate, was a fight to build the grid and the resin. No need to be neat and anyway the rust cover defects.

Watch for comments

IMG_0505.jpg
IMG_0507.jpg
IMG_0506.jpg
IMG_0504.jpg

Regards

Richard

Hello Richard! Really nice progress!! I agree, one you start weathering the grill any imperfections should get lost within the rusting. Still really liking that back plate you made....very nice!! ;)

Hey K-4 this is really Kool!

I love that you cast a new rear plate and it came out darn awesome to boot!
Cant wait to see the painting process on this bad boy.

"I'll Be Watching" (in my corn-ball terminator impression) ::)

Latest posts

Back