Super Semi Zinger

The finish looks great Grendels! I think you're getting the hang of this stuff.

;D. Pretty spiffy old man! I like the Engine details looks mighty Awesome! It's all about attention to details! You've that coveted my Man!

Looking forward to your next update!

Norm.

Awesome project I see there - have fun and ebjoy... congratulations.
Oh - and nice progress on the kit, too ;D

Looking great there G, and liked that bit at the end, I'd love to visit a place like that.

That engine does look great. And you're right
the contrast between the kit chrome and the alclad pipes!
Was your kit missing any pieces?
My Super Volks was.

Grendels said:
Thanks Guys!

Here is the next update.

Super Zinger Part 3: Engine and mistakes...

I have about two more hours worth of work and she is done.

Thanks Norm, but I can't really detail this one too much. It just doesn't have them to begin with. So I have to take what is there and make it good.
struschie said:
Awesome project I see there - have fun and ebjoy... congratulations.
Oh - and nice progress on the kit, too ;D

Thanks!

merseajohn said:
Looking great there G, and liked that bit at the end, I'd love to visit a place like that.

Thanks, the clip was a drive between Bolder Colorado and Estes Park

ModelMakerMike said:
That engine does look great. And you're right
the contrast between the kit chrome and the alclad pipes!
Was your kit missing any pieces?
My Super Volks was.

You should see the new contrast when I got the Alclad right. Big difference:

IMG_0906.JPG

The photo doesn't show it well, I will have to get out the good camera for this one.

And my kit had all the parts!

Whoops! I think I'm a bit late going into this party :p

I saw your most recent video last night, and I must say, I was a bit skeptical of how the scratchbuilt pipes were going to look. But after seeing the painted picture, I must say I am blown away! Keep on keeping on!

Fruit said:
Whoops! I think I'm a bit late going into this party :p

I saw your most recent video last night, and I must say, I was a bit skeptical of how the scratchbuilt pipes were going to look. But after seeing the painted picture, I must say I am blown away! Keep on keeping on!

I have everything together now, and she looks really good. Just waiting on the time to make the decals.

Thanks CT, Mike and Java!

I moved this here because I was not quite done with it. Here is the last video:

Super Zinger part 4: the hauling Honey...

Just remember when watching the video:

Scott Girvan said:
Here's the formula.

Vehicle = Not diorama
Vehicle + Simple Base = Not diorama
Vehicle + Simple Base + Figure = Diorama
Vehicle + Figure = Diorama
Figure + Base = Diorama
Winny the Pooh + A hunk of plywood + The General Lee = Diorama

I simply have to draw the line somewhere.

I wanted to build this up without the plywood....

Wow, John that was a kind of a long video for you.
I started commenting on youtube before the end of the video. Then you got to the part where you won the local contest, and so I added more comment. :)
Too bad about the compressor. I still need to get one. Did you get that one at Harbor freight?
Also, So, with the alclad, you say you went over it with sand-paper? That seems kinda weird. I thought maybe buffing instead of sanding, but I have never used Alclad'

I went over it with very fine grit sand paper before the Alclad paint. To smooth the surface out more. Alclad paint will show any surface imperfections and you can see it with that trailer.

Yeah it is a long video and I thought about splitting it up into two. But decided to just get the last segment done.

I didn't get the compressor at Harbor Freight, but through my LHS. He sold it to me at a price about $20 higer than Amazon. Yes I could have gotten it cheaper there, but if you always do that, you soon won't have a LHS.

Video up on that soon....

So do I, my LHS owner sunk his entire retirement plan into opening the store. So I try to support him when I can. I usually order everything from him if he can get it.

Latest posts

Back