Super Semi Zinger

Kool intro Vid. This looks...interesting, should be fun to watch ;D Good Luck :D

Leave it to you John to find this outrageous build!!! Awesome buddy!!! Look at the size if the cab too!!!! Going blind just watching!!! Count me in on this one.....no care bears, right? (((((((((LOL)))))))))))

What a cool looking little kit! Very unique looking truck, will definitely be watching this.

Awesome kit

Never seen one of these before, can't wait to see this take shape

Thanks all!

spud said:
So is it finished :D

It is a contest entry, give me at least a week with it! Quite a few bad seams, and the exhaust pipes will have to go. Going to scratch build those.

The tire treads are horrible

A lot of parts will have to be chromed

And I am making custom decals for her.

merseajohn said:
Didnt see this one coming! Good luck G

That was the idea!
TRM said:
Leave it to you John to find this outrageous build!!! Awesome buddy!!! Look at the size if the cab too!!!! Going blind just watching!!! Count me in on this one.....no care bears, right? (((((((((LOL)))))))))))

No Care bears...... Sorry to dissapoint, but I can put one in the video if you like.

Eastrock said:
count me in, john!!! no more mad bears or fire breathing dragon? ;D

Not this year. Well you all still don't know what my other entry is yet, so I could still sneak in a bear, or a dragon. I do have a model of castle neuschwanstein, and a dragon would look good there......

No this kit looks funny so I will be watching what you are planning to do with it :)

spud said:
lol sounds like you picked another dog then ;D

Yep, it wouldn't be a kit for me without troubles....

The trailer has one nasty mold mark. I thought I got rid of it but when it hit primer, just came right through.... Photos later in the week.

Thanks Lukaz. I do have plans for it, but nothing like last year.

Eastrock said:
Can't wait a fire breathing beast enrtry, John!!! ;D

LOL!!!

Very interesting kit. Looks fun. Maybe you can put a small care bear in the cab driving this Super Semi Zinger....LOL

Sounds like you have your work cut out for you, Grendels! Good luck!

A thought: If you end up sanding off the tread on the tires while fixing the seam, maybe you could re-tread the tires? Flood the sanded tread with extra-thin or lacquer thinners, then run it over the engraved grip of a tool with a metal handle? Although the tread would end up coming out inside-out, I guess. Just a thought....

Tanker52 said:
Very interesting kit. Looks fun. Maybe you can put a small care bear in the cab driving this Super Semi Zinger....LOL

The thought has crossed my mind..... And I do have one left over care bear from last year. But he is larger than the whole model. This thing is tiny. The trailer is only 3 inches long.....

Ialarmu said:
Holy cow what a cool build!!!!!

Thanks! I only hope I can get her to look like the picture in my head. So far so good!

NecronautDrummer said:
Sounds like you have your work cut out for you, Grendels! Good luck!

A thought: If you end up sanding off the tread on the tires while fixing the seam, maybe you could re-tread the tires? Flood the sanded tread with extra-thin or lacquer thinners, then run it over the engraved grip of a tool with a metal handle? Although the tread would end up coming out inside-out, I guess. Just a thought....

That is actually pretty close to what I have planned. I did a test tonight with scrap styrene and it looked good. I just have to find the right thing for the "impression"

Just a teaser until later this week for the video update:

IMAG0299.jpg

Latest posts

Back