Super Semi Zinger

Outstanding G!! Congratulations, those pipes look top!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Wait.....

LOL.......

Seriously...congratulations to you both! I wish may more years of happiness to you both my friend!! You too derseve it!

First John ! Congrats to you two! You lucky B.....d ! LOL

Ok.. now ! Guess what... I know Alclad is a HOT product as you call them ! and the rule of thumb is not to put 2 hot products on top of each-other as they might or will react and ruin your day ! (crackling,color mixing,never drying, etc....)

Well in my TEST ! I have done just that... ! I didn't know much about Alclad at the time and Didn't follow any instructions... excepted the SHINNY Black base !

I didn't know much about HOT on HOT products either..... Even less about Vinyl figures.. and NOT Liking Lacquer or Enamels based products on them... !!!

But as you can tell... I must have done it Slowly and haven't gotten any reaction !
and it turned out Chrome ! NO CLEAR in between !!! I got lucky !

Well..... I'll get off your Back !!! Those Headers look mighty nice !!!

Later !

CONGRATULATIONS !!!
John,
That is fantastic news!
I am very happy for the both of you.
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

My warmest congratulations to you both! May you enjoy many happy years together. :)

Thanks everyone!

We are both very happy!

Norm: The pipes and the trailer are in paint stripper. I am going to give them another try. I have plenty of time on this one, to get it right.

91% alcohol will strip off the Alclad. Who would have thought?

Very happy for the both of you 'G'man ;D

Following your Alcad painting carefully as i intend to use it on The Nylon Gag MK.1

Gag

Hi John ,Congrats to the two of you buddy ,good show :)

I believe the problem you are having with the Alclad is due to the fact you are using the 'Aqua' clear between the black base and the chrome ,you should be using the clear 'base' ALC 303. Although you can actually leave out the clear base and go straight over the gloss black . here's a link to Alclads own how to page .

http://alclad2.com/how-to/

Looking real good btw :)

Chris.

First thank you all for the warm wishes.

schweinhund227 said:
First John ! Congrats to you two! You lucky B.....d ! LOL

Ok.. now ! Guess what... I know Alclad is a HOT product as you call them ! and the rule of thumb is not to put 2 hot products on top of each-other as they might or will react and ruin your day ! (crackling,color mixing,never drying, etc....)

Well in my TEST ! I have done just that... ! I didn't know much about Alclad at the time and Didn't follow any instructions... excepted the SHINNY Black base !

I didn't know much about HOT on HOT products either..... Even less about Vinyl figures.. and NOT Liking Lacquer or Enamels based products on them... !!!

But as you can tell... I must have done it Slowly and haven't gotten any reaction !
and it turned out Chrome ! NO CLEAR in between !!! I got lucky !

Well..... I'll get off your Back !!! Those Headers look mighty nice !!!

Later !

Thanks Norm, I will give that a try.

Scott Girvan said:
Congratulations G! My sympathies Nelly!

Umm Thanks :p

I don't think she needs them, but only when I tell a bad joke or don the squid hat......

Chris S said:
Hi John ,Congrats to the two of you buddy ,good show :)

I believe the problem you are having with the Alclad is due to the fact you are using the 'Aqua' clear between the black base and the chrome ,you should be using the clear 'base' ALC 303. Although you can actually leave out the clear base and go straight over the gloss black . here's a link to Alclads own how to page .

http://alclad2.com/how-to/

Looking real good btw :)

Chris.

Thanks Chris, it is pretty much what I figured out yesterday. I had just read somewhere to use a clear coat and that the aqua clear would work. I wondered why everything was "foggy" Now I know.

Here is a photo of the new paint job:

20120529_004632.jpg

I followed everyone's advice and it is much better. One thing to remember, when you are painting up the chrome, the surface has to be perfect. The trailer's surface was not. I even sanded it with 2000 grit sand paper. The exhaust pipes came out much better. I will get better photo's later in the week.

Thanks! It has been a learning lesson for sure. I haven't touched this since the photo. Concentrating on the Mercury 9.

Latest posts

Back