Super Semi Zinger

Thanks all. As you can tell in the photo, I am not building this OOB, but adding a few mods here and there.

This is WAY out in left field from what I expected except for one detail... You are the master of the poor quality kit! It sure looks like you go out of your way to find "problem" kits, and turn them into masterpieces! Can't wait to see what you do with this build! Thanks for all your work documenting!

21472xe.jpg
Too much fun I see!

Keep it up!

Too bad you can't find better headers.....In that Odd scall this is made in!

Your pipes looks great!

Will keep looking at your progresses!

Underlord said:
This is WAY out in left field from what I expected except for one detail... You are the master of the poor quality kit! It sure looks like you go out of your way to find "problem" kits, and turn them into masterpieces! Can't wait to see what you do with this build! Thanks for all your work documenting!

Thank you, all that practice has paid off. Imagine what I could do if I actually built up a new kit that is engineered very well. Humm, maybe that should be my next entry. This one should be done by next weekend.

MrNatural said:
nice brass work! looking forward to the next video.

I should have that up tomorrow.

Quaralane said:
SOunds like you're having fun, John.

Yep, I have been itching to build this kit for a while now.

schweinhund227 said:
Too much fun I see!

Keep it up!

Too bad you can't find better headers.....In that Odd scall this is made in!

Your pipes looks great!

Will keep looking at your progresses!

Correcting the headers to what I want is part of the fun! Good thing I did all that brass work on the falcon. Good practice for this kit!

ShutterAce said:
Those headers look great!

NecronautDrummer said:
Looking good!

Thanks!

Nice pipes John!! A little scratch-a-fication to pass the time!! ;D Way to get underway on this!! ;)

Off and running!

I'm interested to see what you do with the tires. I don't know that anyone has ever come up wit a good solution for those things other than replacing them.

ShutterAce said:
Off and running!

I'm interested to see what you do with the tires. I don't know that anyone has ever come up wit a good solution for those things other than replacing them.

Not an option on this kit. I won't find any tires like them. But one thing that would be easy to do. Just make them slicks. A truck like this would have racing slicks on it anyway. No tread to worry about then.

Here is a little photo update:

IMG_0682.JPG

Trailer has paint. This is the base coat before the Alclad gets used....

You know, considering the age and era that this little kit was made in, I'd say that's some pretty sharp detail. Raised detail, but detail nonetheless. :p
Love your vids, Grendels! Best of luck this year!

Igard said:
Yeah, the trailer looks nice. Can't wait for the Aclad!!!

Thanks it will get sprayed tonight. I am making a video of the whole process from start to finish.

Finally got the chance to watch the vid, John! awesome work on the exhaust pipe and the dessilok looks great!!! :D

Thanks, I will have an update on her pretty soon. Tonight I should have the engine done, and the trailer. Most of the painting is done as well. Off to make some custom decals!

The engine is done!

IMG_0710.JPG
IMG_0711.JPG
IMG_0712.JPG
IMG_0713.JPG

Notice the present one of my cats left in the paint......

:'(

Sorry no pics of the trailer, I had to strip the paint and start over. Got a fingerprint in the Alclad

Latest posts

Back