super clean and PE

ronrod62

Hi all. Does anyone know if super clean will make or fall off? I have a visa to strip and was wondering if I'm going to get any surprises. Thanks

No I'm going to strip a hemi cuda and I'm wondering if the super clean will make the PE fall off.

Scott Girvan did a demo video for stipping the chrome off plastic with Superclean a while back.
I don't recall if he said anything about it reacting to superglued parts (as in PE).

I would test it on some scrap plastic and superglues some random piece of PE fret to it, let it cure for a few days and then test the Superclean on it and see what happens.

My guess is if the PE was glued on over paint or chrome, then yes it's coming off in the bath. But it shouldn't hurt the PE, so just glue it back on after you stripped what you want.

Just an update. Stripped the Cuda lastnight and found out that super does remove the PE. Man this stuff is strong. Stripped the car to bare plastic in less then 12 hours.

Both Super Clean and Simple Green can remove CA adhesives, but it takes awhile. I'd be more worried about the fact that they are both strong oxidizing agents and could easily oxidize and corrode bare brass. Nickel plated and stainless steel parts won't be an issue.

Latest posts

Back