Storm on the horizon... Hasegawa 1/48 F-16I Sufa

Ressurecting this tread. After the Big Mosquito Fail, I needed to work on something different, so I pulled this one off the back burner. After just a few days, she's almost done...

Stores all in place...

003-6.jpg

the Aires seats fit so snug in the seat rails that no glue was needed

004-7.jpg

Rafael Spice Air to ground Missiles, Rafael Python-4 Air to Air missiles, and AIM-120 Amrams.

005-6.jpg

Canopy temporarily in place, a few more interior parts to place anda few exterior details and touchups to do. Hope to wrap this one up tomorrow.

006-4.jpg

There, all wrapped up, touched up and boxed up (Its headed to CAMS this weekend although I have to stay at home and work. :-[

Ill post some more pics in the AM.

009-2.jpg

Great looking bird ! ,nice work on the camo ,looks neat :) ...I like the graphic on the fin .

Chris.

That looks sweet. Maybe I missed this but where did you find that engine intake cover? Did you make it or is it AM? Thanks in advance, Anthony

Glorfindel said:
That looks sweet. Maybe I missed this but where did you find that engine intake cover? Did you make it or is it AM? Thanks in advance, Anthony

Thanks Anthony,

I made that cover from scratch, its just tissue paper folded over a few times and soaked on diluted white glue, then placed tover the intake to dry. Once dry, I trim away the excess, make any adjustments that need to be made, then painted with Tamiya flat red paint. I cut a corner, normally that type of cover has bungee type cords to hold it in place, but I was in a hurry to finish it.

What a great tip on the engine cover. I'll be borrowing that tip in the future....thanks for that.

Latest posts

Back