Star Wars TX-225 Tank Complete + FULL BUILD VIDEO

TheRaceforTerra

Hey guys, this is a 1/47 (yes, I know it's weird) model from the Star Wars Legion tabletop wargame. Super, super cool kit. I am almost done - it comes with three crates which I'm gonna finish tomorrow. Then on Friday I'll publish a full build video - from unboxing to the last weathering touches. Hope you like it!

TX-225 Shading3b.png

TX-225 Shading5.png

TX-225 Shading2.png

Seeing something like this makes me consider possibly getting some of these kits
Seriously, can't recommend them enough. They may not be as faithful as Bandai kits in terms of details or proportions, but they are extremely well designed. The tank takes 10 minutes to buildb- a huge plus for me.

Excellent work!

Perfect color for a snowy planet
Thank you! My concept is actually that the AT-ST ans this vehicle are stationed in Bast Castle on the planet of Vjun, from the Jedi Academy videogame. A dark and foreboding place where there's acid rain all the time - explaining the corrosion and stuff. In future I may add wet effects to simulate rain, was a little apprehensive to do that for the videos.

Thank you very much, Wolf! Funny, for me it seems really cheap...you should see the prices we Warhammer players pay for Forgeworld resin kits...

Great job on this! And a very good tip packed video as well. I don't typically do armor models but I've been having stirrings that are making me reconsider. Your work makes me want to do one of these.

Seeing something like this makes me consider possibly getting some of these kits
I've never played the game, but I've bought a number of the kits. There are a lot of modeling options out there for Star Wars, but there are also a lot of holes in the Revell and Bandai offerings. These little kits fill in that gap nicely. From characters, to machines we've seen in movies and animated series, to stuff you've NEVER seen. Love it! And great work on the model, TheRaceforTerra! I'm looking forward to watching the video as well.

Last edited:
Hey guys, this is a 1/47 (yes, I know it's weird) model from the Star Wars Legion tabletop wargame. Super, super cool kit. I am almost done - it comes with three crates which I'm gonna finish tomorrow. Then on Friday I'll publish a full build video - from unboxing to the last weathering touches. Hope you like it!

View attachment 1072

View attachment 1073

View attachment 1074

View attachment 1072

View attachment 1073
VERY nice build and weathering job mate...! Looks almost lifelike, and at that scale , super nice details...WEL DONE

The Doktor
Manitoba Model Builders, Winnipeg CANADA

Great job on this! And a very good tip packed video as well. I don't typically do armor models but I've been having stirrings that are making me reconsider. Your work makes me want to do one of these.

Stirrings, eh? :)

You know, I figured this: Star Wars + Tank=can't possibly go wrong!

I've never played the game, but I've bought a number of the kits. There are a lot of modeling options out there for Star Wars, but there are also a lot of holes in the Revell and Bandai offerings. These little kits fill in that gap nicely. From characters, to machines we've seen in movies and animated series, to stuff you've NEVER seen. Love it! And great work on the model, TheRaceforTerra! I'm looking forward to watching the video as well.

Thank you very much! The video is out there, hope you like it.

I still need to get my hands on one of the Bandai kits - maybe a 1:12 Stormtrooper? I would like something easy to build and as large as possible.

Latest posts

Back