SS Tank Commander (Bust )

Wow man ! Your Figure painting is Bang On ! Awesome ! I wish I had the patience for that kind of work !

maybe one day !

Later buddy !

Norm.

Thanks guys ,appreciate the comments ;)

I've had to put my own builds on hold for a little while ,I have some builds to take care of for other people ,three of which are 1/16th figs ,Im starting a new thread tonight ;)

Chris.

Hi chaps ;D

This fella kept looking at me from the end of the bench ...so I thought I'd get the brushes going on him again ,think I'll finish him up while painting the 109 this week .
I pretty much finished the face ,then painted in the hair and eyebrows .Then concentrated on the cap ,I done the pink piping (Waffen SS commander ) then the cap badges were painted in with greys and highlighted with touches of white .The peak was given a gloss coat ,still need to add some highlights to the Black felt band .Also the throat mic has been base coated . I put a white basecoat on the winter parka too ,so I'll get it painted tomorrow :)

DSCF4865-1.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Chris.

Thanks Biskup , yeah I want to get him finished now ...another one down ;)

Chris.

Just a quick update on this fella

I set the head in place for the pic otherwise you'd be looking at ...err...well ...a coat really

I've started work on the reversible Parka ,in this case the white is on the outside ,still need another sitting at it .His commanders jacket has been painted in too ,again I want to add a few more highlights in there ,and lastly the scarf which is still a bit damp so it looks shiney .Once the White has dried I can paint in the camo on the inside of the hood .....Im off to put some headphones together now

DSCF4870.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Chris.

Ok Chris this white on parka looks great could you tell me how you have achieved that effect?
Cheers

Thanks Lukasz .

The white was achieved just the same way I do all my oil painting .For the shadow areas I used MIG's Shadow Brown Abt015 . I started with a white acrylic basecoat ,then apply the shadow colour ..stipple it in a bit to take some of the paint off ,then start applying white to the mid tone/highlight areas and blend as usual . I still need to add more whit to the highlights but I will do that wet on dry in the next sitting :) ...Thanks for asking ;)

Chris.

No worries Lukasz ....Feel free to ask anytime buddy ;)

Chris.

Beautiful job, Chris. The tanker has an intense look to his face.
Keep up the good work. Bill

Great work on this so far Mr. S!!! I be taking notes my friend!!! ;D

Thanks T .....Last time I had someone take notes ,they were used against me in a court of law ;D ;D ....only joking ;) :-X

Chris.

Hi folks :)

I layed up the splinter camo on the inside of the hood ,still needs some touching up then the rain marks will be added before hitting it with some oils . I have used Vallejo's Panzer Aces splinter camo colours for the base colours . I think the addition of the camo completely changes the look of the bust ....

DSCF4886-2.jpg

Working on the headphones at the minute too ???

Thanks for looking.

Chris.

Thanks Spud ,I want to wrap it up over the next few days now . Got a nice plinth for him to go on too :)

Chris.

Latest posts

Back