SS Tank Commander (Bust )

Chris S

Its a bit like being handcuffed to a lunatic !
Well guys ,

Feeling the need to put oils to resin again ...I pulled this fella from the stash ;D

DSCF3728.jpg

Its a nicely cast piece ,but does require a bit of building ,especially the headphones .

DSCF3729.jpg

Headphone parts .....

DSCF3734.jpg

There are a few air bubbles to sort out ,you can see some on the peak and around his left eye ,but its no big problem .

DSCF3733.jpg

This guy is wearing the reversable winter jacket ,so I'll be doing the outside White and inside the hood will have the camo applied.

I'll get some better pics once I've cleaned up the parts and got some primer on , Cream resin is really hard to get a good pic with!!

Thanks for looking.

Chris.

I'd better be on my best behaviour then ;D.....Hi ya Ken ,yeah that resin is a bit of a pain to take pics off ,but I'll throw some grey primer over him soon ,should improve things ::)

Chris.

Just don't tell me to PTFR before taking a picture of it and we'll be good mate. ;D

I remember the first time I snapped a pic of one of those DML half tracks I built with resin tires, they looked like they were glowing. Like you said primer got it sorted.

I more interested in the deaths head and the uniform colors though, I already know you will nail the skin tones. 8)

(((lol)))....Thanks again Ken ,yeah the uniform should be interesting ???...Havent tried one of these yet ,should be good for a laugh if nothing else ;D

Chris.

That's a reversible winter parka eh? White/camo etc.

Do you know what you are doing on the outside? Camo or white?

Curious minds and all...

Ken ,Im going with White outside and camo inside ,so the inside of the hood etc will be camo ,but there is more of that showing than the white !

Hi ya Spud ,nice to have you along fella ;)

Chris.

Wow Chris....something new again!!! Sitting back and getting ready!!! Yup, like Ken said, really interested in the uniform!! Everything else too of course ::) Carry on my good man!! ;)

Cool!

You could do the mouse grey inside too. Not SS issue but late war anything goes. 8)

Hi fella's ,,,you're all welcome along ;D

Shutterace ,you are correct fella ,but it might be more fun trying the camo ???

Im just finishing clean up and getting the parts mounted for primer tomorrow ....busy day in the spraybooth !!

Chris.

Hi ya Fella's .

Moved this chap on a little ,I had some air holes to take care of ,and there is still a few tiny ones .they only showed up with the primer .

Anyhoo primer on ........

DSCF3780.jpg

DSCF3781.jpg

I'll finish up the air holes in the morning ,then its on to paint ;D

Chris.

Thanks guys ...Looking forward to laying some paint on tomorrow ;D

Chris.

Thanks Biskup ;D

Ok ...Eyes first......

DSCF3799-2.jpg

These are done just as described in my how to thread ,not entirely happy with them so they may get done again ::)

Chris.

i would say the other eyes looked better. but if i had done them ild be delighted with them :)

Latest posts

Back