Sprue Brothers aquires Great Models

Hopefully the keep the Great Models layout as I really like it, though it seems unlikely. Mergers/buyouts are not always a good thing.

I think it's a net positive. Anthian is going off to do other things that he wants to do, and it looks like the people who staffed GM will keep their jobs. And Sprue Brothers is a good outfit.

Granted it's been a while, as due to deployments and whatnot I haven't been building (or buying) much recently... which will be changing soon I hope. But I remember always having a great experience with Sprue Brothers, and GMW was pretty solid too - plus Great Models always seemed to have that one thing I needed that I couldn't find anywhere else, so hopefully their inventory stays the way it has been. Personally I didn't think Great Models' website was the most intuitive to use, but that's just me - and it's not like it was IMPOSSIBLE to use.

Personally I think it's got the potential to be a great combination, and I'm optomistic about it.

Best part of the Great Models site imo is the links to reviews, pictures of the box contents, and links to associated products for the one you are browsing, ie update sets, decals etc. Sprue Bros does not do those things, that I am aware of. Maybe they will going forward.

I am sure anyone that works in GMW that wants to move to Missouri where Sprue Bros is, would have a job, lord knows if Gord is going to take on all that inventory, he is going to need the help processing it and theoretically the orders that go along with it.

I wouldn't expect to see GMW remain open, as the press release did say that their inventory would be moved to Sprue Bros. location.

That of course doesn't mean the GMW website would close, but I can't see why Gord would want the hassle of running 2 sites with the inventor coming from the same location.

LOL...maybe Gord will finally venture into the model car and trucks he has so desperately been avoiding! LOL

Latest posts

Back