Organizing Sprue

GaryG64

I found this file separator/divider to hold my sprue in order and out of the way. I'm not super happy with it as the sprue can get hung up.
What are some of your ideas you use?

Attachments

• 20221230_021654.jpg
    20221230_021654.jpg
    351.1 KB · Views: 9
I found this file separator/divider to hold my sprue in order and out of the way. I'm not super happy with it as the sprue can get hung up.
What are some of your ideas you use?
Looks OK to me. I tend to just keep everything in the box until I'm finished. Any spares are then put in the appropriate storage drawers.
Pantherman

Attachments

• 20221230_092036.jpg
    20221230_092036.jpg
    232.8 KB · Views: 5
I don't have a picture to illustrate, but at my back when seated at my bench is a baker's rack for storage. I use S-hooks to hang the sprues from any kit I'm currently working on, from the rack's shelves. The chair I sit on rotates 360 degrees, so I can just turn around, grab whichever sprue I need, and turn back to the bench.
But I do just stack them in the kit box, too, and pull out whichever sprue I need.

I need to someday use some sort of organizer for my sprue. My current practice is to lay them out all over the room and then pray the cat doesn't come and re-organize them.

I need to someday use some sort of organizer for my sprue. My current practice is to lay them out all over the room and then pray the cat doesn't come and re-organize them.
:D lol!
That hilarious. Cats can be so mischievous.

My newest one has been a little Dr. Evil. He takes parts and hides them on me. He also takes tools and other items. I think he had a pack rat somewhere in his family tree.

Latest posts

Back