Space Garbage Truck 1/48 Scratchbuilt

elend

Hey mates!

Here's my entry for the SMA modeling contest! Wait... what? It's over? I missed the deadline? By about 5 months? Oh noes! ;D

Well, that Space Garbage Truck was originally my entry for the "Garbage" category of the SMA contest, but I missed the deadline. Yet I wanted to finish it. Took me a couple of months to actually get around to it. Everything is build from scratch, but the pilots, which I bought on ebay. The first idea was to suck some pile of crap on a random moon or asteroid into the truck, but now it's something like a sewer cleaning vehicle. Whatever. 8) The outside guy is actually not drunk, but trying to command the hose into the right place. Or maybe both? Who knows.

Garbage_Truck_42.jpg

Garbage_Truck_43.jpg

More pictures and especially pictures of the build process can be found here: http://www.andersdenkend.com/zwischenraum/Modellbau/Garbage_Truck/

P.S.: Sorry for not posting much anymore, but I am kinda lost in the forum system. It's very confusing for me. ???

awesome! looks very alike the one, that is taking the garbage from my house.. but wait, don't remember it flying ;D

I really am astonished with the quality of the works around here its really top notch
this idea is really cool and the colour is spot on
well done

@Froymot: Well the contest category "Garbage". That was my only idea for something. ;D

Thanks a lot guys. Really appreciate it.

That is AWESOME! I love it, love it, love it.

I know these forums have become somewhat deep and confusing. We are working on a new site and will address those issues in the next release. Hand in there Elend - your work is great and I appreciate you posting - I appreciate everyone posting!

Exquisite! Modeling skill is one thing, but its totally original thought like this which makes for truly great models. Kudos.

Very very cool build! Great idea and great scratch skills.

Nicely done elend, great detail in the build and the paintwork.
Cool scene. 8)

Latest posts

Back