Solander's "The First Mission"

Playing catch-up Sol....Looking stunning there!! That color and the chipping is spot on!!!! Well done so far...keep it going!! ;)

Great video Solander. It's great to see the face behind the name :) and you’re showed a really cool technique.
If you will have a chance give those Ak-Interactive chipping fluids a try as they are great:)
Cheers and I'm looking forward to a next update from you :)

ModelMakerMike said:
Okay, I have seen the term "filter" thrown around here a bit lately.
What is it? A wash?

I wasn't sure either, Mike, but that's exactly what Sol is showing us in the vid.

Sol, that's another excellent tutorial. I think it looks alot of fun.

The build is looking sweet too!

Videos like this are great because it enables us to see it come to fruition. Absolutely love it. Key with the filter like you mentioned, 80% water. Great work Solly

Thank you very much, guys!

And yep, the main idea of the filter is the consistence and the fact that no matter how much you thin the paint, you still will receive the traces of it on the hull. Barely visible - but that's the intention, to slightly change the tone here and there without total repainting.

I have prepared the third video for you, just waiting now to complete all the washing in order to include the pictures of the technique's results along with the video about it.

So looking forward to it. You know there really is nothing good to watch on American TV so the videos here are at least educational to us hobbyists.

Glor, that's excactly how I feel about TV here in the UK. Well there's Game of Thrones, but I'm not watching that until I've finished the book!

I probably watch more youtube and online documentaries/parodies/reviews than TV these days.

Same here. We just 'slashed' the programming on the sat. dish down to bare minimum. TV doesn't offer too much that interests us...

Its too funny, my wife and I just figured that we watch less than 2 hours of t.v. a week. theres a 1 hour show we watch on sunday and then theres a couple 10-15 minutes spattering here and there.

great vids Sol, more vids like the better for us all.

only Tv i watch is what i see in bed and i use netflix for that

Igard said:
Glor, that's excactly how I feel about TV here in the UK. Well there's Game of Thrones, but I'm not watching that until I've finished the book!

I probably watch more youtube and online documentaries/parodies/reviews than TV these days.
Yes GofT has been great....last weeks episode was the best to date.

Agreed with all above, guys.
Seems to me, that the todays nature of TV makes it be stupid whatever country is in consideration.
Only 2 now-running shows stop me from throwing the TV-set out of the flat completely: the Game of Thrones and the Castle (which is unfortunately getting dull with each new episode, on the contrary to the GofT - 2nd season started not to bright, but the last episode was extremely interesting, I'll agree with Glorfindel)
Too bad there are no good running sci-fi shows anymore, like Trek or BSG. And even Blood and Chrome seems never to get it to the blue screen. Can't really understand, what those boses of tv-companies thinking with. Whythrwing on us all that crap - like skyfall or that tera-nova (maybe they thought that people would be interested in "yet another Lost clone, but now with dinos included"?!). The result is always the same - 1 season of complete questions and unspoken moments, which barely gets any awedience and then the closing. 100% for the best, but why all the faulty effort in the first place??

Alright, finally I've complete all the washing both on the inside and the outside of the vehicle, the figures and other stuff.

The clone trooper installing the demolition charge received the charge itself.

I've also gave about 4 layer of differently colored washes to the base, which were followed by the oil fading and some drybrushing an then oil fading again. All in all, I've been playing with this piece of rock for hours until finally I've received the desired realistic and movie-fitting look.

And here is the video I've devoted to using washes techniques for finishing the models:

Washing

It turned out a little bit long, hope You guys won't be bored ;)

Latest posts

Back