Solander's "The First Mission"

Thank You, Scott! :)

Well, guys, I've got good news and bad news.

And I'll start with the bad:

Unfortunately, the next video tutorial on this tank is not going to be aired.
It had to deal with oil fading, but I've screwed the video completely, because the setup on my camera went wrong for some reason, and the filmed frames are so dark it is absolutely impossible to see at least anything there. I've tried some editing, but that didn't help.
So, the oil fading tutorial would have to wait till my next model. Hope you, guys, are not too disappointed.

But to make the pill a bit sweeter, I've prepared here some magick 4 letters to drive your mood up.

D.O.N.E. !!!!

;D ;D ;D

And I've decided not to wait until the grand_uploading_time, and share the final pics with you.
Enjoy! ;)

Well, thats it. Hope, you'd enjoy this, guys.

Not so much to tell about the final touches I've added since the last update: mainly there was the oil fading which I'd failed to take a video about, and then various pigments - AK, Tamia pigment set & mudd weathering stick, little touches of mig neutral wash here and there and finally the MiG Martian Dust solid pigment.

Okay, now, since there is time yet (a bit less, but almost a half of the whole contest time!) I guess I'm going to enter another entry.

This is going to be a sci-fi cat. (yes, I want to compete for Grendel's anounced AMT Reliant badly ;D ;D ) and this is going to be something I've spoken about a couple of times not so long before, and something that, as far as I know, a modeling comunity has never seen as a scale model before ;)
Tomorow Sunday I'll be away on a BBQ party in the countryside, but by monday expect a new topic appearance ;)
Cheers, folks!

Incredible job Sol! Great to see how this came together with the weathering. Love how the weathering of the tank matches the landscape perfectly.

Shame about your last vid, mate. Maybe you'll re-make it for a future project?

Anyway great scene buddy. Looking forward to your next entry. :)

Igard said:
Incredible job Sol! Great to see how this came together with the weathering. Love how the weathering of the tank matches the landscape perfectly.

Shame about your last vid, mate. Maybe you'll re-make it for a future project?

Anyway great scene buddy. Looking forward to your next entry. :)

Thanks, Igard, buddy!
I'm very glad You've noticed the matching of the tank's hull and it's surroundings: it was initially desired, and took me quite a time of applying, taking off and reapplying the pigments before I've reached the level that satisfied me.
I will definitely make another video on the oil fading with a new model later, that's for 100% ;)

Scott Girvan said:
Great stuff Sol! Congrats!

Thank You very much, Scott!

Well done mate this is crazy awesome. And I can't wait to see what model your doing next!

Definitely a cool, unusual diorama.

Looks great and love the detail on the vehicle

Top work

This is a thing of beauty,
and such a nice sense of accomplishment it must be for you, to have her finished so early!
Excellent job! BUT, really, what could any of us expect? ;D ;D ;D ;D

Hey Solander this is a great finish to a great build. Congratulations man.
P.S. thanks for the info on figures :)

Latest posts

Back