SO IT BEGINS....

TBadger

Demolitions Expert
As I'm sure some have experienced, the USPS has lost my package ( First Time ). They refuse to take responsibility, even though I had a small box in my mailbox and the woman said yes I dropped off (1) package with a label on it that day. Only when I explained that there were supposed to be (2) did she backpedal and say oh yeah there was a big envelope and yadda yadda......It's just infuriating that theyd lose such a thing and not own up to it.

Now I must slog through the arduous process of claims, communicating with the seller, and chargebacks through paypal or my CC. MERRY XMAS ! Hope none of the herd has to deal with this during the holiday season!

The seller did.....but it wasnt a signature required item. So I assume they just scanned everything in at the Post and called it quits for the long weekend. I rant now about it, and it'll probably show up in my box today or tomorrow covered in poo since I called them out :p

Delivery confirmation should offer a little more traceability since it's supposed to be scanned at the originating post office and then at the destination post office. Are you able to track the number of USPS.com?

Oh i've done it all....tracked it down to the last scan which was at my local post office. Where it went from there is a mystery. I doubt that it was stolen from my mailbox since they left the small heavy box of Resin Wheels and every other piece of mail. Somewhere, somehow, it was scanned and then not delivered to my house.

I'm just glad it was only for the $11.35 and not my $260 XWing thats currently en route. I had the post hold all my mail until I get the next few things arrived so I can pick it up manually. This is why my Secret Santa is getting their gift shipped via UPS or FedEx !!!

I really don't like USPS, so I usually ship UPS.

I have never had any luck with USPS and tracking...

It's not really tracking, just "confirmation", and if a post office doesn't scan the item, it makes it kind of useless.

Sounds more like local post office/postal carrier issues IMO, not just the USPS in general.

Whenever I get a package delivered to my house that is sent delivery confirmation, the postal carrier herself scans the item by hand right before putting it in my mail box, or dropping it on my porch. It isn't simply scanned at the post office in town when they get it. That isn't a confirmation of delivery at all, which is what the sender is paying for, if this happened to me I'd request a talk with the postmaster. Tracking, as I mentioned in the other thread is a different option altogether and costs more but offers delivery confirmation as part of tracking.

I must have a really great post office/postmaster, because I use them many times each week, both receiving and sending and have yet to deal with any of these issues at all.

ha, I like to send stuff certified mail that way the person receiving the package or letter has to sign to pick it up knowing that they received it. If the person isn't home when they attempt to deliver it the first time its taken back to the post office to where the recipient has to go to the post office to pick it up. It again cost a bit more but at least you KNOW weather the person received it or not. I ALWAYS do insurance on the item as well that way if it IS lost or damaged, your covered.

Well, after a few calls to the Post and emails to the seller, I figured I was out of a product. Lo and behold at around 2030 last night, a certain post woman showed up at my door. I was initially skeeved out by a person showing up at my house this late, but then i recognized who it was. She handed me the small padded envelope addressed to me and said" I'm sorry, it must have slipped out of my bin and wedged in between my seat and the bin behind me. I found it while moving around the thigns in my truck before closing time today."

I said, " I'm not mad at all and it is appreciated that you brought it here!"

A saying I always use, which I believe is from Jurassic Park is " I don't blame people for their mistakes, but I do expect them to own them"

See man, just human error. Something I'm sure we can all be blamed for several times a year. ;D

TBadger said:
A saying I always use, which I believe is from Jurassic Park is " I don't blame people for their mistakes, but I do expect them to own them"

Very close, but I believe he says 'pay for them'. ;)

But this reminds me of a quote:

"Jumping to conclusions is like playing with damp gunpowder, they are both likely to go off in the wrong direction."

Glad to see it arrived safely after all.

Latest posts

Back