Shuttle Tydirium MPC build with modification's (WIP with Pic's)

The extra detail is coming along nicely . I've the Revell version sat waiting for some attention and what you're doing here is giving me plenty of food for thought ! Can't wait to see it come together . ;)
Thanks Thunderdog.. I would like to see the Revell kit in comparison.

Really nice!
Thanks John!!

Started to make some detail and add to the center wing, not a lot of space to work with work but I managed to get some small styrene tube in along with some other detail.

wingdetail3_zps1169e04d.jpg

wingdetail_zpsdab17dc4.jpg

wingdetail2_zpsc0aae712.jpg

I primed the back part and think it turned out pretty good always looks better with primer.

backprimed_zps67a375cd.jpg

I then made an attempt at the seats.. After scratching out the tiny parts I had a hard time gluing them together and then the primer went on a little thick, I was having issues with the spray can. Looks a little rough but sure are small. As far as the pilots I'm not certain that I am going to have the guys in the seats my plan was more of a diorama with the ship landed or getting ready for take off.

chairs_zps931ed746.jpg

That's all for now.. Again, thanks for the comments and checking out my progress.

See the glue around the bottom of the quarter could not get the coin to stand up straight on the styrene sheet so I just glued it ;)

That looks awesome brother....Those added pieces do the wing justice. I am in the process of doing the same thing to the wings. As you said....Not a lot of room to work with but the empty space screams for detail!

Awesome work brother...

That looks awesome brother....Those added pieces do the wing justice. I am in the process of doing the same thing to the wings. As you said....Not a lot of room to work with but the empty space screams for detail!

Awesome work brother...
You are to kind!! Thanks! I am about to check out your build in a minute or two and see what you've been up to..

Thanks Grendels keeping at it.

Another thing that I got to was the other guns on the wings.. I cut off the kit barrel and again put my cutter to use. Brass and aluminum was the materials used and the fit came out pretty good.
Here is a pic.

frontgun4s_zpsc453f098.jpg

Going to have a busy week coming up hope I can keep the progress rolling..

This build has been a real learning experience never have I modified a model as far as I have gone with this one.. Unfortunately for me I have made/built several parts twice and it continues. The guns that I made I looked at some reference pics and I should learn to look twice before jumping in. So, I made them again..

frontgunner2_zps6ade7bbd.jpg

Those guns look great. I know what you mean about "not checking your reference pics," I made the same mistake and had to redo mine also.

Latest posts

Back