Shocked,Stoked and Smiling;D

oldnewbie

So I'm at the work bench last night workin on my M4A3E8. When the door opens and the wife looks in, so I'm dreading the normal statement " I see your wasting your time again with your little green men." SO she walks out with my 5yr old princess (daughter) who actually loves modeling and just finished her first model a Testors 1/72 SBD Dauntless that she painted Pink and calls "Pinky" with Purple bombs. I will post a pic soon.
So back to the wife, instead of baging on me for wasting time and money (as she puts it) she comes over and all but boots me out of the way and starts workin on the tank. At first I'm wondering what she''s up to , thinking that this is a ploy of some kind and waiting for the snake to pop out of the can. So I wait a few before I say anything then I ask so what are you wanting? She says that she wants to see what is so interesting in spending hours working on models. So I ask what are you really after she turns and smiles and laughs at me and didn't answer. So now i'm really nervous waiting for her to do something to ruin my project or something, so I start thinking if I forgot to do a chore or a important date or something that I might be in trouble for... so after a few tortures minutes of brain hurting thought and not comming up with anything that I've done to be in trouble for I decide to keep quit (safe route) and see where this leads. The next thing I know it's been an hour and she is still powering away and I'm putting the kidz to bed. how about that. So after I put the kjdz down and head back to the bench an hour later to see whatz up she's still workin so I ask what yuo think and again she just gives a lovely smile and sayz "how do you keep from losing all the little pieces and fill the seams?:) I was reminded why married this beautiful woman. Shocked, Stoked and smiling:)

Fantastic stuff!
It would seem that she has already picked up on how to do at least some of the modeling lark as she was able to move on from where you had got to. The power of osmosis! Tell her she's now an honorary Nerd Herder. ;)

Were you shifting nervously from foot to foot as you wondered which anniversary it was you had forgotten? ;D

It is great when the other half appreciates or likes what you're doing. My wife thinks my stuff is crazy, fun and brilliant and I really consider myself lucky to be married to her. Hell, she and her mother are the ones who now keep chucking weird stuff my way and say, make a model out of that.

Yes, great story oldnewbie.

She's a keeper ;), great story thanks for sharing.

NOOB,

Yeah, great story !!! I bet it was a lil' nerve racking waiting for th other Shoe to hit th Floor ... ;D ,

Although ... I see she hasn't gotten to th chore of Cleaning Road wheels ;D Even after that ... hopefully She'll still be into th Hobby !!!

oldnewbie said:
" I see your wasting your time again with your little green men." :)
- Translates to - "Hey Honey what are ya' doin' ? "

It's cool when you two can Share a Hobby & to top it off .. It's Scale Modeling !!

Welcome to th HERD

AWESOME story!
Welcome aboard.....Maybe my wife will turn into an understanding modelling fan someday.....
I can dream, can't I?
:D

13aceofspades13 said:
i hope my wife is like that when i get her....

Hi Ace,

Just wanted to see if she arrived yet. ;D.
I've found when getting expensive items delivered that insurance is a must!!!!

Regards,

Craig.

Whoe!!! What put in her drink? Can I have some? ...... Just kidding. ;)
Cute story.

Welcome aboard.
John
USA

Latest posts

Back