Mature newbie here....and colour blind!!!!

gtm1217

Morning All, been 20 or so years since I picked up a plastic model to put together...now that I'm approaching (but not quite there yet) the twilight years of 60yo thought I would give it another go, but so much has changed!!
Being color blind doesn't help tho with painting and things therefore I'm reliant on the details within the plans to tell me what to paint then reference to a color chart to see what it is... bit like painting by numbers TBH. Anyway I'll persevere ands see how it goes!!

Morning All, been 20 or so years since I picked up a plastic model to put together...now that I'm approaching (but not quite there yet) the twilight years of 60yo thought I would give it another go, but so much has changed!!
Being color blind doesn't help tho with painting and things therefore I'm reliant on the details within the plans to tell me what to paint then reference to a color chart to see what it is... bit like painting by numbers TBH. Anyway I'll persevere ands see how it goes!!
Hi and welcome to the forum. Loads of help and encouragement to be had here.

What is your type of build? Aircraft, armour, vehicle, Sci fi or something else?

Just keep us posted and plenty of photos.
Pantherman

Thanks Pantherman….. I try to avoid military builds as done them as a child and tbh don’t give me the vibe anymore…currently just started back with a simple model t ford roadster …learning to paint it properly is an experience in itself these days…. Used to just get the humbrol tin out and paint away. Now I’m learning to thin it and apply several coats…….

Welcome!!!!! Look forward to seeing your work so post lots of pictures.

Dig deep into older threads, lots of info.

Latest posts

Back