Secret Santa?

Would you participate in an SMA Secret Santa?

• Yes

Votes: 59 92.2%
  • No

Votes: 5 7.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am pretty sure my victim will like what I got him..

Even if it was a bargain

I have a few ideas of what to get. I just need to actually get one...

6 more people signed up today. 2 more days of registration!!! This is going to be a great Christmas!!!

HoHoHohohoho

ill be having a look tomorrow at a model fair We at Irishscalemodeler have set up, looking forward to that :) im sure ill find something for who ever i get paired with :)

So Santa If u could Pair me up today that would be Awesome so i Can pic out something for my gift

PM Sent,

I'm not sure if this will be a stash gift or a "go out to the store and buy a gift" gift. Simply because with all the new kits coming out these days, I might go to the hobby shop, see all the shiny styrene goodness and go on a shopping rampage for myself! :-[

;) ;D

My package of modelling holiday cheer is sitting on the corner of my bench, ready to go and is patiently waiting a destination. ;D

OK - just a comment from the new guy...I love the idea of one thread for the Santa WIP! But I think waiting to open until Christmas would be good. If we can get the WIP thread started now, the lucky-duckies can post their wrapped gifts as they receive them. Kinda like a group Christmas tree thing. That way the sender will know the gifts made it, and it will build on the gift exchange anticipation. Not everyone will be able to post on Christmas day, but this way we can see the packages grow under the tree. I do hope everyone wraps their gifts!!

Erik

Asking me to wait til Christmas day to open my gift is like asking somebody with Diarrhea to "hold it" It just ain't gonna happen. Hahahaha

I have a funny feeling I'm not the only one who feels that way.

LOL...I think everyone has a different look at the; "to open or not to open" question.

Personally....open WIP build thread starting Monday....if you get something and want to post it opened...go for it. If you like to wait, so be it! All in good fun and the pics will be enjoyed either way. I know I have the week off for Christmas and part of the next...would love to spend some time cutting plastic and sniffing glue!!

Oh well, what ever is decided...I am cool with!!!

(and yes, I have picked out what will be sent and working on getting it packed up) ;D

adampolo13 - thanks for the visual....... :-X

I ditto TRM. Let's just keep this nice and relaxed. Open or don't, build or add to the stash.

No rules, just have fun!!!

While I'm all for waiting until the 25th....let's not enforce it. Those that want to wait...wait. Those that don't..don't.

And Mr. Lucky, Erik. Welcome! It's a valid suggestion but let's just have fun.

Life has enough 'rules' as it is. I strive to keep SMA as 'light' as possible.

Scott:

Did you decide that were just to send a kit to our recipient or are we to send the kit and some accessories and goodys with the kit ? I was thinking of maybe buying my recipient the needed paint to complete the kit but that raises the question of what if we buy a brand of paint this person isnt familiar with ? So kit only or kit and different accessories for the kit ? Thanks Man.

Just a kit really. You don't really need to go all out. Accessories are fine, but buying paint might be a bad idea because of how many different paints are out there and you don't really know which one they use.

Santa Claus is coming to town....Santa Claus is coming to town...Santa Claus is coming to toowwwnnn......

mr lucky said:
OK - just a comment from the new guy...I love the idea of one thread for the Santa WIP! But I think waiting to open until Christmas would be good. If we can get the WIP thread started now, the lucky-duckies can post their wrapped gifts as they receive them. Kinda like a group Christmas tree thing. That way the sender will know the gifts made it, and it will build on the gift exchange anticipation. Not everyone will be able to post on Christmas day, but this way we can see the packages grow under the tree. I do hope everyone wraps their gifts!!

Erik

I love that idea I got one already from the star wars fourm I belong to and it is just sitting on my table It is diving me nuts but I want to open it on christmas.

You can send anything you want...kit, accessories, cash...whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back