Secret Santa?

Would you participate in an SMA Secret Santa?

• Yes

Votes: 59 92.2%
  • No

Votes: 5 7.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I need to get on the ball :) My gift has already arrived!!! I was thoroughly confused and thought I had bought something and forgot about it ! ;) I'll snap some pics and post the box in here or in the other sub. I am RELENTLESSLY EXCITED about my kit! So thank you Secret Santa!

Alright guys, I'm back at the North Pole, reviewing lists, and starting to send out PM's!

Scott Girvan said:
Grendels said:
Scott Girvan said:
You can send anything you want...kit, accessories, cash...whatever.

I took this to heart.......

I am sending out my "gift" today!

LOL! You da man John!

Thanks Scott, it took two boxes to send mine out....Went UPS, the victim should have it by Friday.

Alrighty folks, all of the U.S. PM's have been sent out. The Canada and UK matches will go out shortly.

Also, a few people have let me know of their concern regarding new forum members etc. Let's all remember that this event is fueled by the Holiday Spirit. Let's have fun and enjoy the excitement our partners get in receiving their gifts.

HoHoHoHoHoHo

SecretSanta said:
Also, a few people have let me know of their concern regarding new forum members etc. Let's all remember that this event is fueled by the Holiday Spirit. Let's have fun and enjoy the excitement our partners get in receiving their gifts.
HoHoHoHoHoHo

Being relatively new to the Forum, let me inquire as to what your meaning by this ?

hooterville75 said:
SecretSanta said:
HoHoHoHoHoHo

Being relatively new to the Forum, let me inquire as to what your meaning by this ?

joined when secret santa was started

Just my personal opinion but, I'm not really concerned with who my recipient is, when and why they joined. If I was concerned about who I may have been paired with I wouldn't have signed up. I decided to do this so that I could send a gift to an unknown friend.

I'm sure "SecretSanta" and the rest of the SMA staff are keeping great track of all the entries, info etc.

adampolo13 said:
Just my personal opinion but, I'm not really concerned with who my recipient is, when and why they joined. If I was concerned about who I may have been paired with I wouldn't have signed up. I decided to do this so that I could send a gift to an unknown friend.

I'm sure "SecretSanta" and the rest of the SMA staff are keeping great track of all the entries, info etc.

Agreed!

Just my personal opinion but, I'm not really concerned with who my recipient is, when and why they joined. If I was concerned about who I may have been paired with I wouldn't have signed up. I decided to do this so that I could send a gift to an unknown friend. I'm sure "SecretSanta" and the rest of the SMA staff are keeping great track of all the entries, info etc.

Thats what I was checking for with the clarification. Kind of confused me for a minute but the answer I received made me feel a lil more secure with it. I didnt want to create any waves as its supposed to be all fun no worries. Im in the same boat, Dont care who I get or what I get from the person that gets me. Its all about a time of giving in my opinion. Ill be appreciative of a $5 pair of Tweezers. Dont care what I get.

I agree with you Adam. This is about the holiday spirit! A way to connect with your fellow man and modellor. Its funny because when I told my wife I signed up for this she said "why dont you just buy a kit you want?". I said thats not the point and told her about the group build planned and the great people of the herd and she got it.

Got my assignment - thanks, SecretSanta!

I truly hope that there really isn't a concern that new members are going to get their goodies and run. At some point everyone is a new member of a group or team. I think this is a great way to spread some holiday cheer and maybe make some new friends.

Erik

By no means was my message before meant to cause concern for the rest of the group. I just wanted to put those with concerns at ease.

Also, North America has been complete. On to the rest of the world.

mr lucky said:
I truly hope that there really isn't a concern that new members are going to get their goodies and run. At some point everyone is a new member of a group or team. I think this is a great way to spread some holiday cheer and maybe make some new friends.

Erik

Yup. I did post this on Facebook and if it draws a few new folks in that's great!

Got my recipient. Time to spoil someone! A couple kits and some "stuff"...#stoked

International PM's have been sent out!

Happy Holidays and Have Fun!!!!

P.S. If any of the international folks have questions on the addresses please feel free to PM me and I'll coordinate an answer etc.

adampolo13 said:
I sent mine anonymously. ;D I'm thinking once he/she opens and posts a pic of the gift here, I'll shoot him/her a PM and let 'em know it was me.

Same here but only if hes happy with it :p if not ill say its someone else!!

Just wondering something... if im paired with person X is he paired with me too?? sound silly but im curious

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back