Second attempt at scratch building - Stug III Ausf F.

SatchboogieUK

Hi Guys,

End of day 2 on my scratch built Stug build and here's my progress so far;

IMG_2893_zpsd883ef95.jpg

IMG_2892_zps83585b63.jpg

IMG_2891_zpsbf6d1b2c.jpg

More to come soon! I hope you like it.

All comments appreciated,
Cheers,
Jonny.

Wow! :)^O

Looks great! Do you have blueprints or other schematics to work from?? I wish I had some sort of engineering background so that I could try this type of stuff out. As it is scratchbuilding would kill me dead.

Thanks guys!

yes it is in 1/35th scale, I wish I had the blueprints for it, I would be able to make it more accurately if I had, but as it is I'm just working off photographs and plans from existing kits. It's laborious and time consuming (especially with this particular vehicle) and I've had to build and re-build many parts which didn't quite fit lol. My OCD goes into overdrive when I'm doing scratch work.

Cheers again,
Jonny.

Here's the progress from day 3 guys. I'm not keen on how this one is going now, the rear right side of the hull isn't quite straight so I might have to rebuild everything I've done today.

IMG_2896_zps9910eea7.jpg

IMG_2895_zps355e6ea0.jpg

IMG_2897_zps52d69315.jpg

I still have a lot of sanding and filling to hide the joins in the plastic and I have to add the weld beads when its completed (not sure how I'm going to build the interior now I've almost enclosed the chassis)

And here's a picture of my two scratch builds side by side;

IMG_2899_zps63377e22.jpg

Cheers,
Jonny.

Hi Guys,

A few late shifts at work over the last few days really halted my progress on this one, however I had some time this evening so here's a quick update;

IMG_2908_zps8f9658da.jpg

IMG_2909_zps70ceafa7.jpg

With the side skirts added and the storage boxes on the side, she's really starting to look like a StuG. Next I have to add the engine vents on the sides of the chassis, complete the interior and base plate, drill the running gear holes and then move onto the small details.

Cheers for looking,
Jonny.

Hi Everyone,

Another quick update on the StuG, engine vents are completed. now I'm finished everything on the shape of the chassis;

IMG_2911_zps67e4ee3a.jpg

IMG_2912_zpsbf925c3d.jpg

IMG_2914_zps19d1a56a.jpg

Hope you like it.

Cheers,
Jonny.

Respect to those who scratch........ 8) Btw, your panther hull looks incredible.
Can't wait too see this stug completed

Thanks for the kind words everyone,

I've sort of hit a brick wall with my StuG at the moment, my attention has been dragged away (as usual) but I hope to get on with finishing this one soon.

Cheers again,
Jonny.

Latest posts

Back