Sd.Kfz.6/2 3.7cm Flak

Kool use of that Aluminum Tape again! Or is it real foil!

The small Air brackets? Did you actually Glue them on! Or are they holding on by their adhesive backing?

Just asking!

Nice Clean work!

Spud ,you can get it here ..... www.hiroboy.com or here .... www.model-cars.org.uk :)

Norm ,thanks buddy . Yeah its the tape again ,I always glue it simply because I use mostly enamels or Tamiya paint thinned with celullose ,so Im not sure if the glue on the tape would hold .

Thanks Rentar1 :)

Chris.

Yer welcome ;)

I just reloaded the paint stocks :) a day in the booth tomorrow ;D

Chris.

ive spent the day redoing my room so no paint for mine yet, bit of luck ill be able to build new shelfs tomorrow..

Thanks Erik ....another fav bro ;D

Started a little painting today on the chassis ,running gear . ;D

Got all the wheels painted ,first with a black base ,then my mix of Grey ,I made the Grey much lighter as it will darken in the next few stages ,notice I done some of the wheels in a red/brown base ,the will get some primer red added to them and no grey ,just for a bit of interest ;)

DSCF4712.jpg

The engine ,also got a black base followed by the Grey and a coat of Klear so its ready for detail paint and dirt

DSCF4711.jpg

Then onto the chassis ,
This was given a black base ,followed by red/brown ,sealed with clear ,then AK Interactive Heavy chipping fluid sprayed on with the AB .Once that was dry the grey went on followed by some chipping/paint flaking ,the gearbox was done the same .The fuel tanks will also be done with the red primer and not painted grey

DSCF4709.jpg

DSCF4710.jpg

DSCF4708.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Chris.

I did smell paint :eek:

Great Start, Chris!!! I need to keep up the pace... still need to pack some zim on the tiggy :)

Loooooking sweet man. How does the chipping fluid compare to regular ole hairspray? And there are two types right? A light and heavy chipping fluid?

Thanks guys :)

Myke ,yes there are two as you say one light ,one heavy ,I went for the heavy effects as this will be well worn and weathered :) Its actually easier to use than Hairspray ,the paint lifts a lot easier with less work ,a little warm water and a brush ,also you can just brush this stuff on in small areas if you want :)

Chris.

Cheers bro :) ...just getting started ,its gonna get a lot worse ;D Ii hope !

Chris.

Thanks Spud ,I'll get a few washes and stuff done next :)

Chris.

Sweet Chris - I'll have to pick some up. Add that to the list of pretty much the rest of the AKI stuff I don't have.

Latest posts

Back