Scott's new mancave

Hee hee...I suppose your right in that respect!

Do you have a target date on the workmen finishing up this project?

Well...my sons back on Friday and I Sid we'd start on his Nova then...

I'm hoping I can crack open a kit later this week.

Outstanding!!! Just in time for some nice Holiday building~!!! (mumble mumbel....Rat Wrecker!! ::) )

TRM said:
Outstanding!!! Just in time for some nice Holiday building~!!! (mumble mumbel....Rat Wrecker!! ::) )
Foose firebird first...then a rat wrecker. :)

letsgobrowns82 said:
This is awesome. I am definitely jealous now.
Thanks. Not my intention to make anyone jealous though... :)

spud said:
them shelves are well stocked :)
Indeed. I have more boxes of crap that I have yet to move...I'm a hoarder of hobby stuff, but I really wanna make and keep this space tidy. Well see how that all works out. :?

@Scott - I'd take that 1/20 Hummel off your hands if you were ever interested in selling... :)

8)

Tonight I did a bit of painting:
4190.jpg

And a bit of electronics installation:
4191.jpg

Um Scott, with all the Vallejo paint you have how the heck do you know where to even begin to look for a color ha ha. You have em two and three deep the entire way across the board ha ha. Good stuff man You have given me so many ideas and desire to redo my work area that Im going to be doing so in the next couple of weeks :D So thanks for giving me that drive and desire :D Looking awesome. Im diggen the island type stand in the middle where I believe your allowing your kids to work. Great idea.

My main problem is going to be the dampness in the basement. Getting a dehumidifier will be pointless as to get one big enough to keep the entire basement right is going to be hella spendy. I cant get a mini dehumidifier because I would have to enclose my work area which again would be spendy. So Im just going to redo the work area and try to keep as much stuff covered as possible. With the furnace running now it should keep it warm enough down there that hopefully it wont be so damp as normal to keep the mold away. Im going to be giving everything a good bleach with water bath tomorrow getting rid of all the mold. Keep it clean from now on and hopefully till Summer gets here again I can make enough improvements to it to keep it from getting damp any further.

I'm glad to hear this is motivating you. That's the entire point of me posting...plus to keep myself motivated too.

Maybe you could build some walls with a simply frame and heavy plastic....just so that you only need to deal with a smaller space. Could lead to other moisture issues though.

I'm sure you'll figure something out once you start to work at it. Keep us posted.

Here's an overall pic, from the doorway. Just to give you an idea of the adjacent workspace.
4192.jpg

Note: just finished painting the counter tops...for Adam! ;) Gotta brighten the place up a bit.

Bad A$$ my Northern Brotha'! ;D Well build, well completed and well organized!!! Sweet cave!!

Thanks dude. Almost......done. :) I still have a photo booth, spray booth and closet (to hide all my shelf queens) to deal with. Oh yeah, and some shelves for my finished builds.

But it's close.

Reminds me I should take my home office back from the wifey!!! ;D She just told me she wants to make it a room for our Nephew!! LOL...at least its for a good cause from time to time!!! ;) I still have the kitchen table and the entire basement to sniff paint!!! :eek:

TRM said:
Reminds me I should take my home office back from the wifey!!! ;D She just told me she wants to make it a room for our Nephew!! LOL...at least its for a good cause from time to time!!! ;) I still have the kitchen table and the entire basement to sniff paint!!! :eek:

As much as I like building in the garage, I've found myself at the kitchen table quite a bit lately myself. Wife wants to spend time with me etc. So I sit there cut, sand, and glue, and she's happy. She likes the fact that I'm in the room and not talking. ;D Haha. This is one idea that Ken gets blamed for that actually wins him brownie points.

LOL....not the only reason she wants you to spend time with her.....you conversations about wanting a little one... ::)

Yeah....closer to the family, still being able to do what we like....win win!! ;)

TRM said:
LOL....not the only reason she wants you to spend time with her.....you conversations about wanting a little one... ::)

That's a conversation we don't have anymore. She definitely won that battle. Only a matter of time before she wakes me up at 6 am to say the line was blue or there is a plus sign or however those pee sticks read. In the meantime I'm not complaining about all the practice. ;) Hahaha

Sorry Scott, don't mean to steal your thread. Everyone back on subject now!!!

Latest posts

Back