Scott's new mancave

Scott,
I'm so excited about the prospect of new Girvan-vision Videos, been jonesin for quite some time now.

Lovin the man cave thread ;D

Gag

It's a bit choppy, but I think its because we're all spoiled with Full HD content everywhere. Functionally it works fine, but it's not the absolute finest quality.

That being said, I'm excited to see more build videos comin along :)

Yeah it sucks.

Sitting here now, in cave, and just shot more tests. Comparing the P2V I just bought with my JVC, I'll have another quick video up in a couple of hours....or as soon as I get time to do it. JVC wins by a mile or seven.

DO. IT!

Scott Girvan said:
Yeah it sucks.

Sitting here now, in cave, and just shot more tests. Comparing the P2V I just bought with my JVC, I'll have another quick video up in a couple of hours....or as soon as I get time to do it. JVC wins by a mile or seven.

DO. IT!

Just my opinion here but you should do a test video in which you build that Hummel you got on the shelf. ;)

Scott Girvan said:
lol - it's day will come. Got some other stuff in the queue first though.

hahaha, okay. I'm just sayin it would make a great video. :p

I'm also looking forward to that Foose build!

Yeah, it's good. Could still use a bit more light...I find it a bit 'blue' in some parts. But it's good.

Gonna shoot a review tomorrow for HLJ. I'll mount the camera over the bench, see how it works out.

Well Scott, I don't really have a preference as I'm appreciative of any video we get period. Any video is better then no video. Whatever is easiest for you and u have available. Id be happy to have any camera period ha ha. Na ok you got me actually I have a video camera just no balls to actually produce the video ha ha. Camera freight I guess. Then again I was camera shy on posting builds and got over that from the challenge of Adampolo ha ha. Again in the new year mate. But the vid you just posted was by far better then the still photos of the other camera.

It's cool that you guys would like more videos. Thanks.

My goal in all this 'fussin' is simply to produce the best quality I can on my given budget of around $0.00 - If I want to add a second camera with really good quality it's gonna cost so I'll just stick to one, move it around and edit.

Honestly I enjoy the multimedia element as a hobby too. I do similar work for my living, no so much video - but I love it all and strive to do my best.

I picked up a 720p webcam for $20 at a local electronics store. It's decent, better than my old logitech and the P2V - but the JVC is still better so I'll stick to that.

Hey Scott,
That last video is perfect; the image flows well and it picks up the details perfectly. Hey, this ain't national geographic it's SMA ;D
As for the audio, i'm assuming your just going through the camera's mic and you know what, it's just fine the way it is. Keep not over complicating things, is that even a sentence??
I can't speak for everyone but this show is not about how good you sound and look :-* , it's about a cool and funny guy sharing his modeling experience.
Long live SMA and your upcoming videos ;D

Cheers

Yeah that last video is the way to go..
Especially as having the camera so close to you, in your hands, means that the microphone is also there with you!

For the other camera on the stand... Have you tried using the inbuilt video capture software in editing software to record? ie in sony vegas or adobe premier, the "old fashioned" way to copy dv tapes from tape to HDD.. Sometimes they see all the webam devices and so on.

I'm still hoping to make some headway with the usb-xlr device.. As I said, I unfortunately left my digital oscilioscope at work this weekend so not too much I can do.. Its gone all "hissy" which would to me imply that its as simple as a capacitor has gone bad and isnt filtering out noise properly.. If I get it going there will be package at your door!

Latest posts

Back