SCI-FI Star Wars Shadows of the Empire - Xizor's Virago - Finished

Re: SCI-FI Star Wars Shadows of the Empire - Xizor's Virago

It is a deadly looking ship.

Massassi said:
MandoMan531 said:
Wow that's a throwback for me! I built that kit in my teens. Still have the stand here somewhere, and a wing I think.

Reminds me I wanna pick that up again! Can't wait to see the build!

Did you finish it when you where a teen? Do you still have all the parts?

I did finish it! Not with much skill but I did hehe. Unfortunately now, it got destroyed when I moved. Definetly hunting one down, I really loved that ship!

A small update, still filling seams

IMG_0875.png

IMG_0876.png

I assembled all the parts together. They are not glued yet, but just to give you an idea how the model is going to look.

I can start with some painting next

IMG_0877.png
IMG_0878.png
IMG_0880.png

Very nice.
They used this same model in Knight of the Old Republic for a "Basilisk War Droid."

Great work getting this together! :D

Interesting model and looking good!

Looking forward to how this turns out! It sure was a pain to fix all those gap and alignment problems and get the wing mechanisms working properly so they could open and close.

Most of the toys/miniatures I've seen have gone with a dark grey almost black paint scheme with no highlight colors for the trim

If it helps, I went with a mostly greyish white (similar to the Shuttle Tydrium color) and a gun metal type color for the trim. If your interested... http://i359.photobucket.com/albums/oo32/blakeh01/Star%20Wars%20models/IMG_5861_zps57ba076b.jpg
Forgive the build I did it from start to finish in one 8 hour sesssion so I left a lot of gaps and misaligned pieces I should have taken the time to fix better.

Hi blakeh1,

I was just looking what kind of colors I would use. I am thinking to make mine a bit darker. The Ref. pictures from the game are not that clear. But I think I will not make the contrast between the dark and light parts that big.
I will post some sample colors as soon as I get to it.

I looked at some of your other pictures as well. What kind of models are the B-Wing and Y-Wing. Are they all the same scale?

The most star wars models I have are all different scales. I do not understand that at all.

Nice job done there! ;)

That ship really has an interresting design! :)

Massassi said:
Hi blakeh1,

I was just looking what kind of colors I would use. I am thinking to make mine a bit darker. The Ref. pictures from the game are not that clear. But I think I will not make the contrast between the dark and light parts that big.
I will post some sample colors as soon as I get to it.

I looked at some of your other pictures as well. What kind of models are the B-Wing and Y-Wing. Are they all the same scale?

The most star wars models I have are all different scales. I do not understand that at all.

At any rate, looking forward to your paint scheme!

I love to see people tackle this model since you so rarely see it and it is a pretty cool design.

The X-wing minis game just released a version of it (or at least I saw it for the fiirst time last week at my local gaming store). They are calling it a Star Viper. They have rules for the Virago version
https://images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/ffg_content/x-wing/news/scum-and-villainy/Star-Viper-600px.gif

While the scheme may be lighter than your going for, it gives a good reference for some other markings and details you could take advantage of (like the symbol on the wings, the green lights etc...

The B-wing and Y-wings are 1/72. The B-wing was mastered by Al Wong and released by Fantastic Plastic, although it may see a future rerelease by Multiverse (MVM) models

The Y-wings are Fine Molds and Revell. Both are 1/72. The Revell kit is the one with the thinner neck and shorter engine rods

As far as the scale of the Virago your working on. I think someone scaled it out to somewhere around 1/60 th

That thing looks sick!!! very cool ship.. Great progress.. Looking forward to see where you go with the final finish..

Hi blakeh1,

Thanks for the info. I like the logo on the wings. We will see ;)

Wow - great progress on this

I did not have any time to work on my model this weekend. But I did visit our local miniature and model fair, in the Netherlands. Lots of agricultural vehicles, RC cars, trains and boats. Only two stands with scale models. :(
Nothing sci-fi related. I made a small youtube movie to show you what a Dutch model fair looks like.

[youtube]http://youtu.be/BLpf4XBBGDU[/youtube]

I plan to rent a table next year and show some of my dad's models (lots of wooden boat models) and my sci-fi models. Including the Xizor's Virago of course.

Did not have a lot of time this week to work on the Virago. But managed to fill in the pannel lines of the wings.

IMG_0916.png

Latest posts

Back