SCI-FI Star Wars Shadows of the Empire - Xizor's Virago - Finished

Re: SCI-FI Star Wars Shadows of the Empire - Xizor's Virago

Panel lines look great. Wow some very cool subjects at the fair; those carival scenes with the lights are very cool.

A real interesting subject!! Looking great! Keep it coming! ;)

Tonight I will try to fill the light panels.

@ Scott: The Person who build the carnival scenes, bought one scene. But the rest he build from scratch. They looked really amazing. One of them even and a small smoke machine in it.

Those wings are looking nice man ;)

So a small update. I did a lot of painting and still not done. I need to repaint some parts of the wings but they are almost finished. Then finish the main body. Still to go are the guns and the engines and the stand.

2015-04-27%2B031.png

Coming along great.

Looking good!! Nice progress..

I painted the stand for the model. I want to light the inside circle, so I cut it out. Now I am looking for something red to diffuse the light trough.

WP_20150503_009.png

Last night I painted the guns. I only need to weather them and place them on the main hull.

WP_20150519_003%255B1%255D.png

I also finished the engines. I drilled them out and added a part that is used in the faucet. I do not know how it is called in English. But here is a picture.

14803.jpg
WP_20150519_001%255B1%255D.png
WP_20150519_002%255B1%255D.png

Last night I weathered the guns a bit, by dry brushing it with a matt black. Then I mounted the guns on the main body.

WP_20150519.png

I hope to finish the main body tonight, so I can fix the seams and

Tonight I found the red transparent part I was looking for. I cut a bit out of a ketchup bottle (an empty one of course). There are some stripes in it, but if I light it from the back you will not see them. I bought a picture frame at the dollar store (Action for the Dutch people) and printed a nice red star sky as background.

WP_20150520_012.png
WP_20150520_014.png
WP_20150520_015.png

I remember when this ship came out... was amazed they actually made this ship from a video game instead of one that should have been made from the movie (like the sand crawler or the blockade runner). Mind you it looked cool, but I guess my OCD kicks in when I see it on the shelf and just couldn't convince myself to pick one up. You're doing an awesome job on it thou. Really love the gradient on the name plate. Very nicely done!

Re: SCI-FI Star Wars Shadows of the Empire - Xizor's Viragoareadf

Indeed, there are so many ship in star wars, but there are only a few models made.
This model is very rare in the Netherlands, so I could not leave it. And it was very cheap. The owner of the shop did not know what he was selling.

Yeah that nameplate is nice!

Latest posts

Back