Scal model loft!

Looks like your channel's off to a good start,
What video software are you using? Asking, because your voice track's a little soft.

I noticed the soft voice as well. But it looks like you are off to a good start!

Carter,

I have an answer for one of your questions. On your A-7, the chart with dots is the weapon load outs. Planes can only carry so much at one time and in so many configurations. Weights are critical. They also need to have the ability to carry different weapons for different missions.

Look here...this is a A-10 load option chart. Go about 1/2 way down, right below the van. (I use it for your example because it's easy to read)

http://www.warbird-photos.com/gpxd/viewtopic.php?p=204349

The numbers running left to right are the pylons, the points (known as stations) on the plane that carry the weapons. In this example, it has 11. 5 on each wing, and one center. (#6 is center, or belly) The dots in the chart show which weapon can be used on which pylon. {Planes are always counted from the planes' left (port) to right (starboard). If it has 4 engines and they say engine #3, thats the engine closest to the fuselage on the right wing.}

Now looking through the weapon choices, you see for example that GBU-10s can only go on 3, 4, 8, & 9.

Lets say i want my A-10 to carry 2 GBU-10, and 14 MK.82 and 1 MK.84.

MK.82 I use the 6 point rack on stations 5 and 7
MK.84 center #6
GBU-10 I put on 3 and 9
and the 2 extr Mk. 82 I put on 4 and 8
I left weapons off stations 1,2, 10, and 11 (My example mission did not require a full load.)

Make any sense now?

Hey Carter, just watched your videos, good stuff!

As many guys mentioned in the comments, you'll need to get thinner for the Testors paint, it should be on the same shelf with the paint. Water just wont work on enamels.

Good luck in the contest!

8)

carter_maresh said:
I am starting to understand. I will have to look at the chart again. :-\

Pick a pylon/station on the plane, and follow the chart down. Every 'dot' is a weapon that particular pylon/station is capable of carrying.

In reality it's kinda rare for every pylon/station to be filled, they need to have enough fuel and runway to take off fully loaded, and most missions don't require it. If you're flying strike, you may carry a couple of anti air and guided bombs. If you're flying bombing and you have fighter cover, you might be loaded with bombs and guided bombs. If you're flying maritime patrol, a couple of anti ship, and anti-air.

Latest posts

Back