Santa's a Boss, a Hobby Boss...

Kero

Proud being french !
Hi gents !

...What the title says...

... For he brought (& I bought :p) that Grail to me !!!!!!!!!

p1070525.jpg

Here in France we got an expression saying "I'm joy" !!!!! Well, 4 sure I am !

I may build that one soon ! Can't resist !

Regs !

Richard

Very nice!!! LOL...gonna be prepping wheels/road wheel for a month!!! Looking forward to seeing your dig in!!! Enjoy!! ;)

No fair....you got it first.

My supplier in the US doesn't even have them in yet....likely be mid Jan. before I see them in my hand.

Kit isn't for the faint of heart if you don't like a kit with mucho parts. 1600+ in this one.

I think I was lucky enough to order at an early supplied french online shop. Some still available if you're interested : http://www.maquettecharpromo.fr/hobby-boss/885-m1070-het-m1000-.html and at the cheapest price I've seen it in France => EUR 99,90, meaning USD 130 (12/19/11 forex EUR/USD rate).

If one of you guys may have translation issues communicating with them, just let me know & I'll be glad if I can help.

By the way, I agree, 1690 parts will be a challenge !

I wish I could depict the up-armored cab.

Will post in progress pics when I get started. 2012 project.

Don't know if I'll load it with an M1A2 SEP (from Dragon) cos I plan to add a mine plough to the Abrams. So I may go for a M977 HEMTT that went under heavy MG fire, as can be seen here.

Regs,

Richard

I didn't even know they were making one of those... I really want to get one.

mine is on the way but it will be after christmass i recon before it arives. no rush with it any how have enough on my desk :)

NecronautDrummer said:
That is a mighty impressive kit. Does it come with the Mi Abrams tank too?

It doesn't, but you can always pick up a Tamiya or Dragon Abrams to park on it.

Last time I checked ! Lucky Models Hong Kong was listing it for about 129.00 US$ Yes! you have to ADD 40$ Shipping to that but still.... a nice Catch for a mere 170$ US dollars...

Now... just next door in Japan !!! (HLJ) They are advertising theirs at .... Hold on to your Hats... 246.80 US$ and that's without SHIPPING... SO ! Forget about getting one from HLJ if they don't fix their prices .... Wow !

Not saying to buy from Lucky Models but.... Money Talks.... especially when its your wallet doing the Talking...

Nothing against LHS !!!! just showing HOW wide is the differences between two On Line stores !!!

I want one so bad and .... will have to wait.... as I haven't finished my FAUN ! and that was a Monster of a kit as well !!!

Lucky YOU !!! I am green with Envy !

Merry Christmas !

i got mine for 90 around euro thats about 120 funny money and free shipping wont have till after chrinbo but i dont mind

Hello fellas !

Though Santa's not close, I have to revv this post, for I got additional goodies for the kit.

These are from Real Model in Czech Republic.

Miloslav has done a terrific job ! Thanks Milo !!!!!

Wanna have a look ?

Here ya go with the Photoetched CPK, beautiful and huge sheets of metal manufactured by Eduard :

p1070532.jpg

p1070533.jpg

Hereunder in red squares, the parts I been longing for

p1070535.jpg

Now look at these resin wheels for the trailer

p1070534.jpg

p1070536.jpg

Very thin and accurate markings moulded :

p1070537.jpg

Now with all that stuff I just can't wait getting started !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stay tuned ;)

Regards,

Richard

I wanted one yesterday!!!! Ahhhh!!! If you don't mind me asking, how much did the real model stuff run you?

Thanks Kero!

Hi Adam,

Well the CPK plus the wheels set and postage from Czech Republic to France are a USD 90 bill (EUR 70). The CPK sent went for EUR 25 and the wheel set for EUR 28. The rest is p&p.

That's quite an amount for sure.

IMHO it's really worth the money if you consider the quality of these sets.

Cheers,

Richard

Latest posts

Back