Round 2 Enterprise B

It's not just you, smusno.
When I dis the one I turned into the Mutara for the contest, i had NO fun filling the seams on it

The problem with most of the Round 2 Star Trek kits is that they were made with the old AMT molds.
Not really Round 2's fault, so much as AMT's.

That's a shame. When I was modelling in my younger days, I built most of the Star Trek kits from AMT. Rounded edges on the hull lines & various parts were the bane of my existence. I tried filling them with Testors putty, but I could never master the stuff.
Sounds like Round 2's all about the nostalgia cash grab with their kits, IMHO. Are they doing any retooling of their molds?

They have made improvements to the molds on nearly every model they've re-released. The B has a new and corrected lower saucer piece. Still, the rest of the model is 20+ years old. At least there is Revell making new Star Trek models from scratch!

thank god its not just me!

the fine lines etc are ace, but the fit of the hull bottom to the sides of the secondary hull are hideous!

Also.

Did anyone else find the way the saucer leaves the sprue damaged the saucer its self? first thing i had to do was fill the injection points.......... badly.
I just wanted something to build and paint whilst im off with a broken eye, this was NOT the right kit.

Still, faint heart never made fair starship!

this kit looks scruffy, just plain old scruffy.

GGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR! BIN!

It shall not defeat me.

but, gluing the top of the secondary hull on a) makes a hell of a mess as there are no real locators to guide you, b) all the ikkle detail lines will be gone with even the lightest of sandings after the primer!

on the plus side.......................

http://culttvman.com/main/?p=7838

found that ;)

It's a challenge to make her look really good. But she's sharp when done.
Have you given thoughts to aztec panelling?

Quaralane said:
It's a challenge to make her look really good. But she's sharp when done.
Have you given thoughts to aztec panelling?

nothing but!

As im off with a broken eye hole and BORED, Im going to go and buy a compass and some sign righters vinyl.

I have an art background (a long LONG time ago), so im going to put my creative hat on and just go for it!

I might, if it works......... recreate the photo etch masks shown in that link I posted earlier.

if it works ;)

If it doesn't, you can start with the decals I used for the Mutara as templates

Quaralane said:
If it doesn't, you can start with the decals I used for the Mutara as templates

I might, but if im honest.

Building the kits is fun, painting them is like yoga for my soul. Part of that, is cutting all the masks necessary etc. I just love it, or love to hate it.

One of the two.

(could you provide a link for the excelsior class downloads possibly?) ps, the Mutara is a beauty)

That's the one, custardchris.
Enterprise B is at the top of the list

And I'm glad you liked the Mutara, smusno

Aztec, step 1
378746_10151012563390527_681790526_22075049_961692238_n.jpg

377086_10151012561700527_681790526_22075044_1928015336_n.jpg

I have decided that.............

The kit, sitting there all grey and lifeless because im a lousy modeller is a waste. And if there is one thing i DO have, its the patience to make the rest look as good as possible!

So, thin layer of dark grey. 2 reasons........

a) a dark coat will give her dark and light (watch Quaralanes Mutara build), this will give her life and scale.
b) a really thin coat of white, then MOAAAARE stencilling (much less tape this time), will give me 2 tone's of aztec pattern.

All of this is theory. There may even be some hand painting (with a real brush) of a lighter grey before the first layer of white.

Any way, it's keeping me busy :p

Off to a good start with the masks there.
M<ore patience than I have, if you're willing to do that by hand

You might want to back up and work on that center seam a little more.

Latest posts

Back