Round 2 Enterprise B

Ziz said:
You might want to back up and work on that center seam a little more.

your right, but..............

I was so dismayed with the state of it overall, i just wanted to get on with the fun bit!

I know it can be frustrating but to me that's part of the challenge - not letting the kit beat me!

Ziz said:
I know it can be frustrating but to me that's part of the challenge - not letting the kit beat me!

Again, your right.

But I have 5 other kits to do "properly" but ive had concussion after getting a hockey puck in the face. So this was to fill the time whilst off work.

Your right though. the kits taunt me to be better and better!

Ziz said:
You might want to back up and work on that center seam a little more.

+1... It's way too "present". It's a simple a quick process really... :D Thumbs up for the Aztec Paneling.
If sanding is not enough, putty is the solution but... Have you ever heard of "Plastic Mastic" ? Some kind of liquid putty made by Prince August (like Vallejo ?). It's the kind of stuff that can filled some seam easily. You can apply it with a wet finger, remove that way the excess, all it remains is the white mastic, ready to dry. It's OK to sand it later but with precaution and fine, and wet sand paper.

Sorry don't know how it may be named in english but in France we find that :
http://static.jeux-descartes.fr/img/products/8429551704007_1.jpg

It's the ideal solution for the seams on airplanes (hull and wings) etc.

It may benefit of your own Post about it Zombie... :D

They're acreation models decals. the bottom of the saucer section was made for the first round so I had to get a little creative with it. The only other issue I've had is the stripes for around the saucer edge, were about 5/16" short so I had to use some decals I'm not using on the nacelles to fill the gap. Other than that, I'm totally happy with them. I sanded all the panel lines off the ship, minus the ones on the saucer, since they're really fine, if not just painted on, on the real one.

Ill do another of these one day. And, after doing my 1/1000 Enterprise fairly well....... Im all up for decals.

But there is something special about doing it yourself. No matter weather its a success, or a major flop. DIY modelling is the way for now.

If it's a load of old pony, the next will be better, and better, and better.

(this is also my 3rd build since i was 14, it's been a while)

I used to be totally against them and wanted nothing to do with them, but when I saw how accurate these ones were, I gave in.

I've lost my decal placement instructions, while most of them are pretty self explanatory, I can't figure out where decals 30 and 38 go. Can anyone help me out?

30 and 38 are two small "ENTERPRISE" names, right? 30 goes on the bottom of the saucer in between the lower sensor and the front of the neck. 38 goes at the very aft end of the secondary hull below the shuttle bay just like on the Refit.

Thanks, that's what I was thinking but I couldn't see them on the lakota studio model until after you said it. I've already clear coated those two assemblies so I'm not sure I'll add those two decals now :(

if anyone could 'B' a little help.

Im putting the engines together on the 'B', and, somewhat embarrassingly..............

the instructions are a load of old pony!!

Has any one got any good links, pics or video's of how they go together?

**hangs head in shame** :-[

just how the top section fits in with the sides?

does it sit on top, or inside the groove of the side sections?

Latest posts

Back