Revell Wiesel 2 Ozelot

Re: My SMA Contest Build

Carsenault said:
if I had voted for one of my original choices, there would be a clear leader right now. :p

if everybody had voted for my original choice there would be a clear winner right now. ;D

#1 is my vote! i have this kit as well. i was all set to build it until they started making the aftermarket parts. so i need to collect those, which is gonna take some time. its now on the long term to do list. to make a good representaion of the real thing you have to use the ied detector and the additional ant. i saw one built up without the aftermarket parts at a show last year and even then it was an impressive model. very timely subject as well.

As I write this, there are 21 votes on the poll, with the Ozelot a clear leader at this point, unless things shake up over night and one or the other pull back around it, that looks to be the kit that will win.

Clear winner by 2 votes is the Ozelot, still 10mins to vote, but I don't see it changing, so I am going to call it!

Elm City Hobbies said:
Clear winner by 2 votes is the Ozelot, still 10mins to vote, but I don't see it changing, so I am going to call it!

yaaaayyy!

8)

Sorry ...missed the vote ::) but I'll be tagging along for the build anyway ;D

Chris.

OKey Dokey......we have a start. Was a good session with some guys from the club on our monthly Club Build day, just happened to be here at the house, great getting together with a bunch of guys on a Sunday afternoon shootin the breeze and building some kits.

Here is the progress so far. The kit is typical Revell Germany, not the best out there, but not the worst. Chassis needs some putty, but nothing too serious.

IMG_3971-vi.jpg

IMG_3972-vi.jpg

IMG_3973-vi.jpg

IMG_3974-vi.jpg

Got a little bit of the PE on it....but didn't want to put too much as I gotta sand the seams with the putty down and I feared that I would shear some of the PE off in the process. While the Eduard set isn't that big (but lets face it, the vehicle isn't that big), it has some nice details in the PE, the left side has an air intake that they have you remove the molded on one, to replace it with 8 PE pieces....should be fun! NOT! But will look good when it is in, much better detail and more to scale.

What a puny little guy!!

I wanted to get one and maybe its brother next, the radar sys. This would do a nice pair!
Maybe later when money starts to grow on the trees..... Or later this summer!

Will be watching your WIP..... To find out if this Revell offering will come and join the other modern German AFVs in my collection...

Take your time! Should be fun to watch!

That looks like a cool little build.

I may have to venture into the world of modern armor some day. ;D

looking forward with this build, Scott!! its really a clear winner by 2 votes!!!

Well got some more work done on the Ozelot while watching the Talladega race today.....mmmm model building and Nascar....couldn't have had a better day.

Not much for plastic put on it, basically just worked away on some PE, one being the air intake for the engine.

The kit part before.............

IMG_3530-vi.jpg

All of the grill detail had to be removed, and the hole enlarged slightly.

First piece...

IMG_3975-vi.jpg

2nd piece and first layer of mesh...

IMG_3977-vi.jpg

And then the actual louvers for the intake, 6 separate pieces...

IMG_3978-vi.jpg

IMG_3979-vi.jpg

IMG_3981-vi.jpg

Then just a few odds n' ends easy pieces after that...

IMG_3982-vi.jpg

Sucker for punishment with the PE....but that air intake alone, compared to what was on the kit, makes it all worth it.

Well Glad I am not the only one here going Nuts... over his Photo Etch details... LOL

a true 3D model hey ??? LOL or at least 3 layers deep...

nice going... I would have tossed mine... being so Small and all !!!

Patience is a virtue !

Norm.

WoW !! Great Job ! Those louvers are lookin Great !! I , Myself am also a Slave to th P.E. ... in saying that, I somehow picked a Kit that doesn't even have a real set available for it , just a couple of Overpriced sets from Royal Model !

Lookin Great !! I'm tuned in !!

Great work with the etch fella :), does make a big difference to the finish tho' worth all the effort ;)

Chris.

Latest posts

Back