Revell Wiesel 2 Ozelot

Elm City Hobbies

OK...one of the downsides to having a 600+ kit stash is trying to decide what to build, so when it came time to decide what to build for the SMA contest, it hasn't been an easy decision, however I have narrowed it down to 3 kits, and now I need your help to decide.

I knew it was going to be armor, but what was it going to be? I thought about the new HB Merkava IV, or one of the newer Trumpeter T62s, but both have indy track links, and I don't really want to tackle them.

So, the choices are:

1. Trumpeter M1117 Guardian, only additions to the kit is going to be a set of New World Miniatures Resin Wheels (Pricey but look awesome) and a Legends Anti-IED detector as well as a few antennas that don't come with the kit.

tru_1541_title.jpg

M1200_final_labelx2x3_web.jpg

con_feWyUx.jpg

I was originally gung ho on this one, but now having 2nd thoughts....would still be cool however.

2. Revell German Wiesel 2 Ozelot, with the addition of the Eduard PE set.

1603.jpg

7140_5.jpg

This one is growing on me

3. Tamiya Challenger 2 - Completely OOB, no additions other than a few packs here and there.

TM35274.jpg

I know this kit will pretty much fall together, being a typical Tamiya kit, the challenge will be in the painting and weathering.

We have a club build day here on Sunday, so I need to choose before then and get going. So help me choose, I am leaning towards the Ozelot, and may go that direction, but would love to see what you think!
BTW, anyone is welcome to drop by for the club build day, this Sunday from 1pm to 5pm here at ECH.

Re: My SMA Contest Build

I'd go with the Ozelot. Looks cooler than the other two

I'm torn. My 1st instinct is to say th Ozelot b/c it Does look so cool. But th Tamiya kit, b/c of th ease in Construction, frees up time to Really get it weathered & such. ( drums fingers on desk) ....

Ozelot !! Does this come with Rubberband trax ? Does Fruili or ModelKasten make a set ?

WoW ! 600 kit Stash .... Well ... I would expect nothing less from a Guy that Owns a Hobby Shop !! CHEERS !!

Ozelot !! Does this come with Rubberband trax ? Does Fruili or ModelKasten make a set ?

Yes rubber band tracks....what? You don't read my Sprue Views?? LOL

No Fruili or Modelkasten for it that I know of, least not yet, however neither company did a set for the older AFV Club Wiesel I's, so I don't expect them to do a set for the Wiesel 2.

The stash....well it was about 350 before I opened the shop, and I collected that over many years, so in the 4yrs I have had the shop opened....I have almost doubled it. Mostly through buying from Ebay, but now that I have found most of the older kits I wanted over the years, it is just new releases coming out, which don't look like they will be slowing down anytime soon!!

I would say number 1.

You will probably have a lot work with Ozelot as I saw beginning of it's build on Polish forum and the kit is really inaccurate and doesn't go together well.
Cheers

I think option #1 would be very cool. Other guys will be making tanks but, who else would be making an ASV?

I don't know guys that Challenger looks pretty sweet when done right. Just sayin'. 8)

i would do number one,even though i dont do armor that just looks cool

Biskup said:
I would say number 1.

You will probably have a lot work with Ozelot as I saw beginning of it's build on Polish forum and the kit is really inaccurate and doesn't go together well.
Cheers

Not worried about inaccuracy, as long as it looks the part, and it does.

As far as not going together well, I have always considered myself a "modeler" and not an "assembler", so a little cutting, fitting and probably swearing never stopped me before. Besides, got the Eduard PE set for it to "dress" it up some.

So far seems that option 1 & 2 are about even, will leave this go till Sunday morning before the club's build day here!!

Id say 1 or 3 Scott, #1 coz its not something youd see everyday, especially with the add-ons, and #3 coz well the Challenger looks pretty bad @$$ just sitting there, and I know once your done with it, it will definitely be a category winner.

Since I also join in the armor category, my choice would be the challenger but I already a couple of that build locally... but I'm looking forward for the Ocelot since I seldom see one, with a modeler experience like you can out with a challenge!!

I'm biased cos I'm a brit but the Charlie 2 is a beautiful tank 8) Only the Chieftain gets my blood flowing harder when it comes to modern armour.

I'm not much an Armour person, but the Challenger looks better of the 3.

Revell Germany Wiesel 2 Ozelot - just odd looking and cool.

Too Funny....as I write this....the 3 choices all have 5 votes each!

You guys aren't being much help! ;D ;D ;D

if I had voted for one of my original choices, there would be a clear leader right now. :p

Latest posts

Back