Revell Wiesel 2 Ozelot

Elm City Hobbies said:
Hey Jelly....

Not sure what you mean by it is larger than the actual model kit. The kit is 1/35, and about 5 inches long (not a big vehicle).

As far as camo....likely NATO 3 tone as I haven't seen them in anything else.

Good Morning, Scott

I meant (maybe are my english language limitations) that, at least in my screen, I think that it visually appears to me in probably a larger size than the real world scale model size. As you say, its a small vehicle...

Due to that small size, I believe that all the extra work / small detailing that you are putting on it, must be a difficult task.

About the camo matter, I supposed that maybe it could be camoed like some modern winter AFV: for example, in this link, you can see a Leo2A4 and a Marder (Bundeswehr):

http://www.modellboard.net/index.php?topic=26368.0

Cheers, Scott
RG

Haven't given up....but did move on to something else (the Dana).

Sitting here awaiting paint. I am bad that way, will build 2-3 kits to the point they need paint, and then paint them all at once.

OK....well after a long hiatus I will be back at this...time to get her out of long term storage and get some paint on her. Told myself...gotta finish a kit before starting a new one. We will see how long that lasts!! LOL

Not from SMA 2012, but still a shelf queen none the less!

ECH, lots of P.E. on such a small model. Nice work with the detailing. Looking forward to seeing some
paint on her. Solid color paint scheme or camo? Bravo. Bill

Finally the start of some color.

Vallejo Primer NATO Green. Some rumblings that the color is too bright for the NATO green color, looks fine to me, especially after the other 2 colors are on, filters, washes, dust, dirt.

IMG_1166-vi.jpg

IMG_1167-vi.jpg

IMG_1168-vi.jpg

IMG_1169-vi.jpg

Now I have to lay out the borders of the black and brown!

It's always a little amazing once the first coat goes on ...you get to start seeing the final look
of the model. Looking forward to seeing the final look of it. Bill

I love the Ozelot for such a small little tankette it has so much character, your build has inspired me to try one that has been sitting in my local hobby store

great stuff, the paint looks great so far,

cant wait to see more :)

cheer,

shane.

Couple of more pics.....got the black on the NATO 3 tone scheme.

IMG_1184-vi.jpg

IMG_1185-vi.jpg

Anyone that builds this, or the other Wiesel 2 kit with the radar....my suggestion is to leave off the wheels and paint them separately.....as their mounting points are very delicate. Had 2 break off while painting it. Going to have to pin one of them. (or CA...either or)

Latest posts

Back