Revell Spitfire 1/32 scale - DONE!!! well...kinda!?

Re: Revell Spitfire 1/32 scale WIP

Just a teaser shot for you.....Only managed a short while on the Spit this week....other things going on like re-spraying a new wing mirror for my car that some glorious cretin smashed off for me and didn't stop.

IMG-20150426-WA0000.jpg

The decal's are pretty heavy duty, and slide on nice and clean. The machine gun covers are on (sorry no pic) but are a bugger to stay stuck down.

I've also ballsed up the nose cone when attaching together to propeller, so that's going to need a respray.

Although I am enjoying this build and not at all acting like a kid by going "dagga..dagga..dagga..dagga..dagga..dagga..dagga.." with the Spit and flying around the room.....it has been an almost frustrating one at times.

More to follow peeps!

Right then kids!! The commission build is done!! Well.....kinda...I'm toying with the idea of mounting it as if it's sat on an airfield ready to scramble.

Also, the AMF radio wire still needs to be attached and possibly some additional weathering...though I'm not sure on that one...I'll let you guys decide....

Pics are in no particular order...so sit back...enjoy...and feel free to comment.

DSC_0620.jpg

DSC_0619.jpg

DSC_0618.jpg

DSC_0617.jpg

DSC_0616.jpg

DSC_0615.jpg

DSC_0614.jpg

DSC_0613.jpg

DSC_0612.jpg

DSC_0611.jpg

DSC_0610.jpg

I still need to seal it with a coating of some kind.....any advise one what to use it welcomed.

The decals are a little loose, and I have lost a few of the smaller ones when handling the Spitfire...even when being very careful.

One thing I have left is allowing the propeller to rotate freely.

Hope you enjoyed and feel free to comment / offer any tips so I can improve.

Cheers

Mike

Cheers Qauralane,

Any advice on a sealer for the decals please?

My local "hobby" store has a very limited range of materials, but they stock the Humbrol lacquer....not sure if its gloss or matt though to be honest?

One thing I should have done is used some decal fix....lesson learned for future kits.

Definitely wanting a setting solution for the future.
Afraid I don't have much experience with the Humbrol stuff

I picked up some decal fix and applied a light coating to the decals......bad idea......some wrinkled up and look horrible now....slowly working them back into a presentable state though.

Lesson learned.

Sorry to hear that.
MicroSol usually wrinkles them, but only temporarily. They end up laying nice and flat in the end.

Some final pretty shots before handing it over to the Spitfires owner.

Suffice to say they were happy with it, and I'm looking forward to seeing the artwork he produces from it.

DSC_0623.jpg

DSC_0622.jpg

DSC_0621.jpg

Cheers guys!

I appreciate the encouragement. Definitely spurring me on to do more :)

My next project will be the Tamiya 1/48 Mitsubishi A6M Zero with extra bits.

Latest posts

Back