Revell - Maquis Fighter

I'll get some pics of it and start a thread soon. Personally, I think it was one of the most awesome things I ever aquired.

And it isn't Star Trek. ;D

Ha ha. ;D

You'll all probably all be like, 'oh, it's one of those, I've got about 5 of them'. ;D

Just checked and a boxed mint condition one is going for 395 Euros!!!

That's like, over $500 US or something!!! :eek:

Obviously, mine is unboxed and has already been glued (badly). Still, pretty glad I've got it.

Igard,

A great build so far; I've been tempted to buy this kit before and your not helping.......

Excellent work on the battery area; although you are probably already committed in the 'latch department have you thought about using magnets, one attached to the 'lid' and the other glued in the hull area as an alternative then you would only need a small lip to open the hatch.

Can't wait to see how the kit comes out. I am also interested in the 'surprise kit'.

Before I go; Punkpigpen and others talked about powering the model from the mains supply. Surely that makes it hard to run around the house making dogfight sounds!!!!!!!!

Unless of course you have a long extension lead......

Regards,

Craig.

Thanks v much Craig. :)

The thought of using magnets never even crossed my mind! I'll definately try that next time. Super suggestion.

And, yes, that's it exactly! You've sussed me out! This model is being built specifically for running around the house, 'pew pewing'. ;D

Quick update on what's going on; I've not touched the model in 2 days. Trying to figure out how to make blinking LEDs, AND I'm want to use a push button switch, which means I need to create a latching relay circuit. I think I've got the blinking LEDs figured out, but the push button is a bit of a problem. I may have to use a toggle, which will look completely out of place.

I'll keep you all posted. ;)

Nice work, Igard. Great idea with placing the battery case inside, this kit is like being made specially for that purpose.
P.S: Eager to learn about your top-secret future project as well. Badlyyyy ;D

My first ever attempt at scratch built people! Pretty much as I expected. It doesn't really matter how they look as it'll pretty hard to see them anyway.

It's Chakotay and Tuvok. Trying for this scene here:-

http://voy.trekcore.com/gallery/albums/1x01a/caretaker_0014.jpg
caretaker_0014.jpg

Here they are :-

08082011295.jpg

Here's the cockpit/bridge. Although this is a Maquis ship, it's got a very Federation design. I haven't tried to make it match what was on screen as I don't recall any good shots being on screen.

08082011297.jpg

More soon....

Thanks Quaralane. If anyone's having trouble with that link to Trekcore.com, just copy and paste the link into your browser.

That's really cool. When I built Mine, I did so straight outta the box. Painted it up nice, did the fluorescents for the windows, and engines and stuff. Then I had it on a top shelf of a computer desk. I hadn't paid much attention to a candle I had several feet below the model. Apparently it was hot, and melted a big hole right through the cabin!
I joked about it, saying they had taken a hit from some sort of implosion bomb. :)
I might still have pieces of it around in a parts bin.
If I find it, I might post a pic or two.
;D

Cheers guys.

Punk, no offense taken. I know the standard of those little guys is kind of low, but it suits my needs for now. I like 'em too. ;D

Mike, definately sounds like the work of Starfleet intelligence. :D

Nice job with the figures, Igard! I've momently identified Tuvoc, without even reading a discription :)

Thanks Sol.

And thank you all for being so polite. I know they're not great, but there's no point in hiding them. Most of you know I'm learning this stuff for the first time and I'd like to share with you all both my small achievements and the small mishaps. :)

Some of the LED enclosures.

14082011298.jpg

Lining them up inside the dorsal hull. I placed the ventral hull on top to make sure everything fit.

14082011300.jpg

Glued into place. The tin-foil is to both block the light and also direct it where it needs to go.

15082011301.jpg

A look inside the LED boxes.

15082011302.jpg

Latest posts

Back