Revell (Hasegawa) 1/48 Harrier GR.7

JediPuju

'Sup fellow nerds!

This was a long hard slog for me - I started this in september, and just finished tonight :-\
To be perfectly honest I really struggled with this kit and as such it didnt go together too well. Looking forward to something much easier (like the TIE i posted the other day - which happened to be an interlude to this build.)

She's modelled on ZD404 - one of the harriers famously visited by 2 rather nice ladies named Lucy Pinder and Michelle Marsh on a morale boosting mission to afghanistan. I liked the nose art so I got the Model Alliance decals for operation herrick. I originally intended to model the loadout accurately with some resin weapons and the TIALD pod but ended up just popping the sidewinders on there and saving my cash for more kits - so forgive me for the fictitious loadout. ;D

Otherwise she's completely OOTB. Oh, and a pilot I stole from a Phantom C/D i had in the stash, and hacked up a bit.

But enough rambling - here it is warts an'all. I still learned a lot building it and got to try out a few new techniques.

PS - sorry again for the crap pics - I still need to buy a decent camera.

Laterz

SSL24551.jpg
SSL24554.jpg
SSL24552.jpg
SSL24555.jpg
SSL24550.jpg

Very nice. 8)

I don't think the pictures are that bad, maybe adjust the depth of focus or something but other than that they seem pretty sharp.

Hey Jedi; You did a great job - I can't see any problems, the finish looks top notch.

Thanks so much guys! Very much appreciated.
Looking forward to sharing more builds with you this year - bring on the spring contest!!

ScaleModelMadman said:
Very nice. 8)
I don't think the pictures are that bad, maybe adjust the depth of focus or something but other than that they seem pretty sharp.

hmmm - not sure If I can do that on my little compact. Ill have a play around. Thanks for that.

Latest posts

Back