Revell Eurocopter EC145

sorien

Was looking through the 40% discount stack at my local HobbyTownUSA and settled on this cute little kit. Only cost me $9 and I'm going to build strait out of the box. It has quite a bit of flashing so might not be as fun as I would like lol.

[attachment deleted by admin]

looking forward to this build. i have had this kit in my stash for a couple of years. all those decals have scared me away. should be a sweet build when done.

I dived into this little kit between other things. It has been very straightforward so far, except that the seats didn't quite fit so I had to trim off the headrests from the back row to get the interior to fit right.

Need to figure out how to paint and mask the interior so I can spray the outside. Might have to pick up some parafilm for the windows.

I made quite a bit of progress on this over the holiday. Interior has a clean basic paint job. I have sense sprayed it with gloss varnish to do the decals, then I will matt and assemble the main body. Tail is assembled as well, and working on some gap filling.

Ugh! 27 tiny little decals that no one will ever see.

Need to matte varnish and run over to the hobby store and get some clear parts cement to finish building the main body.

nice work so far. i just picked up the swiss army version of this helicopter. enjoying the buildup

After finding the testor's clear parts glue a bit hard to work with, finished the assembly. Now I either need to figure out how to mask everything really well, or just brush it.

Really been a fun build, but I need to get moving on the group build model as well as 1500pts of Orcs and Goblins..

Yes this may be threadomancy but I'll take the chance.

I had not realized it had been more then 2 years since I left off with this.

The kicker was finding a mask that worked and I liked, found it in Microscale blue masking fluid. It allowed me to spray the outside of the model finally.

I went with orange instead of yellow, you know, just because.

I then gave it a good coat of Badger Minitaire gloss varnish, but that turned out to be too much. It's too thick.

Also I've had a lot of problems with the small pieces breaking off. I need to figure out how to treat models like models and not Warhammer miniatures. That's why I'm doing this, is to learn things.

Last couple of days I've been doing decals, and so many to do. But I have finished an entire side so there is light at then end of this project tunnel. This would be impossible without micro-sol, that's for sure.

But it's almost done, so thought I would post an update..

14183863825_c6764e9e45_b.jpgEC145 work in progress. by Da40korks, on Flickr

Very nice. You don't see many helicopter builds, in this wingy thing section of SMA - very cool.

Latest posts

Back