Restoring G-Marks extinct Bell-47 G in 1/20

Kryptosdaddy

It may not be extinct because I have one, but this thing is super rare, this is G-Marks Bell 47 G. This baby is in 1/20th scale and has a welded metal frame and a factory assembled rotor assembly.

I wont go into the details of how I came across it, but I have had this kit in THIS condition since the late 80's... some guy in France is asking me about this now as i type, and I don't think selling this could be prudent, neither is letting it rot in a box. So I'm thinking restoration....

http://www.collectair.com/plastickits.html

This link is the only information I have found about the actual kit itself- the listing is about 2/3 down the page....

This is a picture from the link above^^^ This is the entire kit out of box... NOT WHAT I HAVE!!!!

gmarkbell47g2kit.jpg
Here is mine below....

DSCF0001-4.jpg

DSCF0002-2.jpg

Is there a safe way to strip this metal frame? Remember this is welded metal, from what I understand the kit came with the frame pre primed. This is prima donna quality. Just do not make em like this anymore!

Thanks CR :woohoo:

Very interesting. It looks like you are missing a LOT of parts to it.
So what are you plans exactly? Are you going to scratch the missing pieces?

If it's pre-primed you could probably use the high concentrate degrease products like Purple Stuff or something like that. Or maybe some Enamel or lacquer thinners, a q-tip, an open window, and some patience.

Latest posts

Back