Red Bull Yamaha YZR500 - Tamiya 1/12

vinceqn

Here is my latest project before I move back on to F1 Cars. This is the Tamiya Red Bull YZR500 in 1/12 scale. I technically bought a few parts kits and had to combine 2 kits to make this one model. If anyone is looking for spare parts for this kit, let me know. I may have it and it will be free of charge as long as you are in the US.

Used Scalefinishes.com Red Bull Blue and Scale Finishes Clear. This is by far the best paint job I have ever done and I really like using the Scale Finsihes clear coat. The decals were a little harder to deal with. They came in a little wrinkled and damages, so when I was applying them to the body a lot of it was breaking apart and starting to seperate. This was the best I could do but I am happy with the results. Mostly Tamiya paints with some Alclad here and there.

Some of the colors are off compared to the real bike. The Red Bull Blue was meant for the F1 cars and I think the bike itself was supposed to be lighter. Forks were painted gold instead of black quite frankly because I liked the color. I used flocking on the seat and pad but it wasn't the best result. It was a fun kit to work on. Hope you guys enjoy!

IMAG2596_zps054ac0ab.jpg
IMAG2605_zpsed071577.jpg
IMAG2600_zps3be9ec94.jpg
IMAG2596_zps054ac0ab.jpg
IMAG2574_zps247a13d9.jpg
IMAG2583_zpse24aa3b6.jpg

Latest posts

Back