Recon Battle Droid...Maybe

The weathered red chevron/symbol on the engine is a nice detail very Star Wars universe-ish.

The weathering on the droid is spectacular, very realistic and very believable. Your worn steel and smoke/soot areas are great, the chips are very nice. You could very likely produce some impressive armor builds.

;)

In all Honestly, something about the gun seems slightly out of place to me, I'm not really sure what but I think it's a lack of wear or it's just a bit too clean?

???

*I am not trying to nitpick or be overly critical of an otherwise stunning build, I am not in anyway intending on ruining anyone's fun, it's just my opinion.

Thanks guys. Any advice on weathering the rifle? Typing this on an iPod-wild.

hello
the bot is looking good ;D
for the gun i would use a burnt umber wash for the dirt and little rust
some chiping with metalic and grafite? but you already new that ::)
what would be really cool and different would be the effect of the overheating tip of the gun that would peel of the paint and show the metal with those bluish colours
something like this:
IMG_6517.JPG

im a noob so this probably sounds stupid

I thought the rifle looked too "new" as well, but I wasn't sure if you were done with it yet.

I'd skim over some Star Wars reference photos of different blasters. You're pretty much done my friend, looking goooooooood.

Have you decided what kind of terrain your base will have?

Scott Girvan said:
Any advice on weathering the rifle?

Perhaps some color variations to liven it up a bit, slightly different shades on the scope and maybe the sight at the end, to give the feel of separate pieces assembled together?

Scuffs, scratches, chips, wear etc. using silver paint or graphite?

blasters.jpg

Wow, that's a kind of really highspeed build :) The weathering looks awesome, can't wait to see the terrain work. Do You already have the ideas on where the action would take place, Scott?
About the riffle: from my point of view TF droid's weapons always looked "solid" on the screen in comparative with other weapons. That highlighted the fact, that they are maximum simple in construction - cheap guns for cheap machines. So, I'd add only slight touch of silver with a drybrush, but, again, it's only an IMHO

Cool reference, thanks. I'm gona give that a shot.

As for terrain, well based on how dirty the droid is I'd say outside...maybe a muddy field or rocky area... I don't know really....don't want to put a ton of time into it but I don't just want to slap some ground foam on a board either.

Suggestions are welcome and thanks for the comments.

I think, it could look cool on the surface of a volcanic planet.
First, it would really make sense of those jetpack - flying units would easy get through lava rivers and all that stuff.
Second: it is rather simple to build: You get any rocky-like form and airbrush it with several layers of black and a little bit of fluorescent range to simulate streaks of melted minerals. And then a little bit of drybrushing with shades of gray for the "covered with ashes" look.
Of coarse it's a small kick for realism, but cmon, we all know that in the movies lava is barely hot - you can easily stand a meter in front of it=))

First, nice work on this kit.

Second, for the environment, i first thought of plains (battle of naboo style), not very original, but the green in your color scheme would match it.

Or, much more logical to me (and Solander apparently), a high rock/cliff formation, being a position of choice for a sniper with jetpack.

Yeah, good ideas. High on a cliff would be cool and would make it nice and tall, something different. I remember seeing some model rail road videos showing how to carve and model a rock face into high density foam, could be really interesting to try.

Thanks.

"High on a cliff would be cool and would make it nice and tall, something different."

Do it!

Latest posts

Back