R2-D2

R2 made an exhibition at Geekopolis (Paris)

The original toy

dsc02315.jpg

The modified R2

dsc02314.jpg

Another success YOULI ! The little droid scrubs up pretty well . I did a similar thing with a bubble bath container a few years ago , but that was about 1/5 scale . I really like what you did with the 3PO as well , not exactly "screen accurate " but an attractive finished piece non the less . I'm going to have to hunt one of those down . ;D

Thanks for the R2.

Have the Bottle bath too, a wonderful R2-D2 I'll have to modify soon ! :)

Didn't make a C3PO... yet. I think you mistaken with another comment in this post. THat wasn't mine :)
I've got a C3PO on the way with a little figure, a gift in 1999 in cereal box.

Already made an Obi-Wan and I was pretty happy with it :
http://www.scalemodeladdict.com/index.php/topic,4619.0.html

Oops , sorry YOULI ( and MR NATURAL ) , well done with the Obi-Wan , just goes to show that you don't need to spend big bucks to get a nice model . ;D

Most people consider it as trash. I feel sorry for them.

Most of the time this figures and toys, I found them outside, thrown away, with garbage. I'm still not used with this kind of way of doing thing. Most of our objects deserve better, especially toys. Give it to other kids, but don't trhow them away, people. :(

My revenge for this objects is that, during exhibition, a lot of people watch what they got with a very different mind. Some tells me "you have passion, you are patient and you have talent". I answer "I love to do it as quickly as possible, and even my tools are some times thown away objects, all you have to do is treat them with respect !".

YOULI said:
Most people consider it as trash. I feel sorry for them.

Most of the time this figures and toys, I found them outside, thrown away, with garbage. I'm still not used with this kind of way of doing thing. Most of our objects deserve better, especially toys. Give it to other kids, but don't trhow them away, people. :(

My revenge for this objects is that, during exhibition, a lot of people watch what they got with a very different mind. Some tells me "you have passion, you are patient and you have talent". I answer "I love to do it as quickly as possible, and even my tools are some times thown away objects, all you have to do is treat them with respect !".

Just print that, give me a pen, and I'll sign under every single word!
Kudos, bro! :)

Very nicely done, impressive even. From toy to accurate model of movie character, I likes!! :)

I'm convinced that modelers or painters like us can grab this kind of junk to transform it into jewels. It's a good experience too, with many other subjects (I've got Ice Age characters, Puss in boots, Wall-E, Pikachu, waiting to have the same treatment among other ones done about Star Wars - Obi Wan Kenobi, Darth maul, C3-PO - Shrek...).

The sky is the limit, really... :D

Latest posts

Back