Classic MPC C-3PO and R2-D2 uber detail build: Completed!

Re: Classic MPC C-3PO and R2-D2 uber detail build

Spectacular build, mate. Really beautifully done, it's been a pleasure to follow your progress. The fibre optic detail is really cool ;D

Well done mate, I'd be proud to have them in my collection

The base & backdrop just adds the final touch, good luck on the next one

John

CitizenSwift said:
Spectacular build, mate. Really beautifully done, it's been a pleasure to follow your progress. The fibre optic detail is really cool ;D

Thank you so much... there were times there that I was having my doubts and it really would have been nice if the voice circuit worked, but it came out looking pretty nice in the end.

Jaitea said:
Well done mate, I'd be proud to have them in my collection

The base & backdrop just adds the final touch, good luck on the next one

John

Thank John... you've been a big inspiration!

Looks Great!
Too bad about the audio chip. :(
But the rest looks really great!
;D ;D ;D ;D

ModelMakerMike said:
Looks Great!
Too bad about the audio chip. :(
But the rest looks really great!
;D ;D ;D ;D
I know... I should have soldered heavier gauge wires on that circuit before I installed it permenently... but it all fit and would have worked. I knew it all would but so many people told me it wouldn't! Thanks alot Mikey!

Excellent finish to the build. Nice work on these

First encountered your vid on YouTube -came here after that to tell You: dude, these are absolutely the best R2 and 3PO figures I've seen. Your work on the superdetailing and lighting (the R@'s logic panel still makes my jaw reach the floor) is exceptional. And the base really adss a lot to the overall look of your project.
Bravo!!

Solander said:
First encountered your vid on YouTube -came here after that to tell You: dude, these are absolutely the best R2 and 3PO figures I've seen. Your work on the superdetailing and lighting (the R@'s logic panel still makes my jaw reach the floor) is exceptional. And the base really adss a lot to the overall look of your project.
Bravo!!

Wow... thank you very much. I've been thinking of doing these two for a long time. When I was a kid I built them and put them into a big view box with lighting and scratched a desert scene (like how it would have looked if they were walking from the escape pod). I didn't have the knowledge or tools I do now, and everytime I see an R2 toy (even the big interactive R2) I am completely surprised the logic panels don't light up at all with all the advances in tech today. I just had to see if it was possible, and whaddya know... it's not only possible, I was able to do it and keep all the electronics up under the dome (looking back I don't think I'd put them on a perf board thou). But I'm happy with how it came out and so glad you and everyone else liked it. Thank you so very much for your comments!

Matthew Amundsen said:
Fantastic work! This is the most inspirational (and intimidating) build I've ever seen.

Wow... thank you... Everytime I thought i had a hold on one thing, something else popped up that I had to figure out. Was a major pain in the butt sometimes but I think the end result came out pretty good. Thanks for the love bro! Truly appreciate it!

I think the next time I work with electronic boards, I'm gonna use the Ardunio and see if I can get the lights the exact way I want them. And if I can figure it out, I'll definately pass the knowledge on to everyone else. I still don't like the way the logic panel lights came out. Wanted a smoother randomness to them but it was close. So the next time I think I'll try the Arduino board and try my hand at programming it to get it to look the way I want it to. Might even do that with the Ecto when I get back to it.

Just to let everyone know... I've just finished fixing all the links to the photos in this build. I lost my domain name before christmas last year and just now am just now getting around to getting my server back up and running. Hope this helps anyone who is trying to build these awesome kits! :)

I was rather looking forward to pictures but alas - there are none.........
This thread is 8 years old... Bumping an old thread like that might be frowned upon on some forums. But the age is probably why there're no working images.

Latest posts

Back