Quick Gun Related Question , Chaps :)

TBadger

Demolitions Expert
I have a Glock Model 22 .40 Cal handgun. I was offered a straight trade for a 1943 Springfield Armory M1 Garand with all original equipment aside from a few replacement parts.

Original price paid for the Glock was $425....Garands are going for over $1000 on GunBroker.com.

It's a Co-Worker to Co-Worker transaction done with all legal procedures sooooo.....Is it Worth it !?!?!?

Let me know what the hive mind thinks....other than the usual gun control sentiment ;)

That all depends, do you want a Garand? I assume yes or you wouldn't have asked.

Straight up value wise, if your co-worker is willing to give up the Garand for the Glock, even trade, then I would say snap it up, provided you can live without the Glock until you can afford to replace it, if that is your intentions.

I had a Glock 17, and regret giving it up, but I also have a Garand and didn't know they were worth that much, mine had a replacement black fibreglass stock on it when I got it, instead of the original wood, which probably devalues it some, but didn't think they were worth that much.

I would agree if you can live without the glock then go for it the Garand is an excelent weapon and the trade would be worth it in my oppinion.

That is a really difficult decision. If it were me, I'd give the guy cash for the Garand and keep my Glock. ;) The other way to look at it is, now you have a reason to buy a 1911.

adampolo13 said:
;) The other way to look at it is, now you have a reason to buy a 1911.

The trick is, I already own a full size 1911 A2 Tactical :D

Plus I've always wanted a true M1 Garand....throw a Sage EBR stock on it and ill be sittin pretty with a reliable Sub-MOA rifle I can still hunt with when I return to PA.

TBadger said:
adampolo13 said:
;) The other way to look at it is, now you have a reason to buy a 1911.

The trick is, I already own a full size 1911 A2 Tactical :D

Plus I've always wanted a true M1 Garand....throw a Sage EBR stock on it and ill be sittin pretty with a reliable Sub-MOA rifle I can still hunt with when I return to PA.

They make one of those stocks for a M1 Garand? Only seeing them for a M1A.

They were short production run, so tougher to find....you can find the typical synthetic stock with molded in pistol grip much easier. More than likely I'd just refinish what came on it and put on a nice scope mount

Yeah one one site that had the stocks they had the forward piece with a rail system installed. $190 for the part however!

Years back the gov't limited the mag capacity to 5 for all rifles, however the Garand was exempt because you can't only load 5rnds into it. It is great fun to shoot.

Buddy of mine just got a Norinco M14 clone for under $500 new

TBadger said:
......annnnnd Sold out from under me. Oh well, on the hunt for a sick SKS

Got one of those as well! LOL

SKS, Garand, couple of Enfield .303, and a K98

Would love to get my hands on a Mosin Nagant, sometimes hard to find a decent quality one that they don't want a house payment for! LOL

I got rid of my 303 endfield I had the short barral one I still have my 1920 .38 revolver which I just love.

Must be tougher to find one up there in Canada. I just bought a 91/30 and an M44 for $100 each still in their packing at a Gun Show while I was home job hunting. I plan on getting a sweet Archangel Fiber stock for one and glass bed the stock and free float the rest.... set it up like an EBR as cheaply as possible.

TBadger said:
Must be tougher to find one up there in Canada. I just bought a 91/30 and an M44 for $100 each still in their packing at a Gun Show while I was home job hunting. I plan on getting a sweet Archangel Fiber stock for one and glass bed the stock and free float the rest.... set it up like an EBR as cheaply as possible.

Oh man... You're making me drool. Haha. I see a trip to the range in my near future. Haha

TBadger said:

When do you get back to PA ?

TBadger said:

Last Mosin I prices was just shy of $700, but it was in almost new condition and included a period scope as well.

Elm City Hobbies said:
Last Mosin I prices was just shy of $700, but it was in almost new condition and included a period scope as well.

That scope with the " Collector's Grade" would make it quite pricey.....The ones I picked up are new, but still at best a Mid Range Service Grade ( using Civilian Marksmanship Program criteria )

* News* The guy felt bad he backed out of the deal at the last second and offered to find me an upper service grade M14 with scope rail and bedded stock. for $250.....Totally worth it if he can actually pull through. We'll see how it pans out over the next 2 weeks

TBadger said:
Elm City Hobbies said:

That scope with the " Collector's Grade" would make it quite pricey.....The ones I picked up are new, but still at best a Mid Range Service Grade ( using Civilian Marksmanship Program criteria )

* News* The guy felt bad he backed out of the deal at the last second and offered to find me an upper service grade M14 with scope rail and bedded stock. for $250.....Totally worth it if he can actually pull through. We'll see how it pans out over the next 2 weeks

If he can find two I'll drive down to PA and buy the 2nd one off you! That is a deal and a half!

Latest posts

Back