Bandai "Perfect Grade" 1/72 Millennium Falcon Lighting kit question.

Hi guys,

Just finished closing the top & bottom of the Falcon up, connected all the leds into the kit supplied battery pack to make sure they all still work.

Painting the 2 gun turrets areas for the Luke & Han figures respectively & Ive just realised how am I going to light the turret interiors?

I can do it with a 9V led wire, but there are 2 spare connector docks on the kit supplied battery pack & I was wondering if I could buy 2 third party led wires/w connectors that could be compatible with the Bandai battery box?

I couldn't understand why Bandai would omit putting the 2 extra led's & manufacture the battery box to have two spare connector docks?

Any recommendations?

Cheers in Advance,

Wayne.

The battery box may be one they use in other kits as well.

As to the lack of lighting, it's definitely odd that they'd miss that

Yeah, I think it is a generic lighting kit

From what I remember, it is the exact same lighting kit box used in the Star Destroyer (as well as the Space Battleship 2199 Andromeda) which uses all the inputs, just different color LEDs.

There is nothing special about the LEDs used so you should be able to plug two standard 3 mm LEDs into there using the appropriate connector.

The unknow is whether the circuit/motherboard inside is standard and wired up to those inputs, or if it may have a difference effect on those (like a flickering engine effect).
i.e. It may be that the ones used in different modes have different circuits inside despite a generic box and inputs outside

I would test to make sure the kit LEDS light up in those inputs and do not have any flickering effect added. If so, then all you need is the right connector and some 3,mm Warm Whites LEDs.

Unknown is if you will need to add resistors, or if the lighting kit drops the voltage enough to the LED. If I recall it takes 3 AA batteries so that is a 6 bolt source. Most LEDS are rated at 3 volts from what I recall

I never actually considered using the 2 extra inputs. I will have to take a look at mine and see if I can get it to work

" it takes 3 AA batteries so that is a 6 bolt source. Most LEDS are rated at 3 volts from what I recall "

3 AA in series is equal to 4.5 volts
( 1.5 v , 3 times )

Nominal forward voltage ( minimal voltage to light ) for different LED :
Red = 2 volts
Yellow = 2.1 volts
Green = 2.2 volts
Blue = 3.5 volts
White = 3.2 volts

" it takes 3 AA batteries so that is a 6 bolt source. Most LEDS are rated at 3 volts from what I recall "

3 AA in series is equal to 4.5 volts
( 1.5 v , 3 times )

Nominal forward voltage ( minimal voltage to light ) for different LED :
Red = 2 volts
Yellow = 2.1 volts
Green = 2.2 volts
Blue = 3.5 volts
White = 3.2 volts
You are correct

Sorry, I was originally thinking 4 when I wrote the 6 volt part and went back and changed to 3 without fixing the volts

Tyvm guys for your responses.

But what are the connectors called/search term.

I have found complete Bandai battery pack/LED kits, but the description just says "complete set with battery pack & LED's" & they aint cheap.

I only want two led wires with the connector.

Ive seen for the connectors "2pin, 3 pin, 5 pin" etc etc

" there are 2 spare connector docks on the kit supplied battery pack & I was wondering if I could buy 2 third party led wires/w connectors that could be compatible with the Bandai battery box? "

What are the " 2 spare connector docks " ?
The pin count you are seeing on what you are looking at is referring to the connector at the end of the wires so it has to match what exists on your battery box .
I'm guessing you know that so I probably don't understand your question .

Check the voltage present at the , or those , spare connections on your battery box .

Search , " 2 pin LED connector " ( or the pin count applicable )
Example : https://www.amazon.com/s?k=2+pin+le...efix=2+pin+,aps,154&ref=nb_sb_ss_ts-doa-p_1_6

Good resource :
https://evandesigns.com/collections/hobby-leds

If you watch my youtube & at the end of Part 9, youll see what i mean.

I forgot but on the main kit box, there is a Revell logo.

Revell Germany has the rights to Bandai Star Wars kits in Europe.

So i filled in the spare parts request form & on the off chance they might carry the spare LED's.

Ive had parts off them before & their service has been great so far.

Latest posts

Back