Question about the FM 1:72 Falcon Mandibles....

TBadger

Demolitions Expert
This is posed to the individuals whom have started the kit or completed the kit.

Did you decide to slant the mandibles inwards slightly? There seems to be a vast argument over the validity of accuracy on this subject. I'm just a bit frightened to hack apart a $200 kit to angle 2 parts inwards by 8 degrees !

I never worried about the mandibles. I figure that kit is gorgeous, and no one's really going to notice.

I didn't bother, didn't really care and at the time didn't have the skill (probably don't now lol) but after seeing Jaitea's falcon I am envious!

There are fantastic Fine Molds MF builds including the greatest one by JohnSimmons which haven't been modified for the toe-in, I don't think that it is necessary to attempt this mod, I did it, but I was worried that I'd damaged the model beyond repair.

I took my time and planned where to cut & how to cut,.......but If you don't feel 100%, if you have any doubt in your mind, DON'T do it.

I have a second one and I will document in better detail the modification on that one, but that will be a while off

John

Latest posts

Back