About 4 way switch problem

CY343491

Hi friends,
Sorrry for bothering you for a topic which is not related to modeling. I know that this situation makes some of us angry, i don't know why. I have 4 way switches like below which i've made harnesses with open barrel terminals. When i put my harness on switch, male terminals of switch goes inside of switch's body. What's the best solution? Adhesives? Melting plastic?

Attachments

• 4 way switch.jpg
    4 way switch.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 4
Huh ?
Don't understand question .
Hi urumomo, many thanks for your attetion as always. You see there are four male terminals on switch, when i put my female terminal which is on my harness, it pushes male terminals and makes them slip and run into switch body, you know terminal connections must be close fit.

What's the other side look like ?
Is that a rocker switch ?

I would junk it and replace it , but you can try and melt some of the housing around the base of the terminals using a soldering iron .
:D - that would be the jank way .

I would junk it and replace it , but you can try and melt some of the housing around the base of the terminals using a soldering iron .
:D - that would be the jank way .
I think there is a design mistake on those switches i've tried 6 of them all of them gone, i can't use another product because i have a device which has opening exactly same size of this shit. Now i have four switches i have melted two of it with soldering iron, looking to melt other two.

Did melting the plastic around the base of the terminal blade work ? :D
I was thinking you may need to drill another small hole at the base of each blade to provide a point of interference for the melted plastic .
Ha ha , so jank .

No way to change out the whole setup so you can use better switches ?

I was thinking you may need to drill another small hole at the base of each blade to provide a point of interference for the melted plastic .
1,5-2mm copper material, not easy to drill with small bits, also plastic will melt while drilling :).

Find another way, when i heat male terminals through it's small holes, it melts those plastics properly.

You're probably OK .
probably ;)
I've seen some pretty weak isolation in some of these switches and fixtures coming from our favorite manufacturing nation .
hardly anything but a millimeter of air between 2 uninsulated conductors .

BTW , that's called a double pole , single throw switch . Not a 4-way
The innards .
Rocker on the outwards .

Latest posts

Back