Marker Pen adhere problem

CY343491

I have tons of Del Rey Twin Marker Pens (I think Alcohol based), when i paint glossy surfaces it doesn't adhere to surface, how can i paint glossy surfaces with my markers? I can't sand surface, because i want to paint transparent pieces, sanding will take all the glosiness away.

What is the glossy surface ?
A plastic ?
Can you clear coat the piece first with a gloss clear that the ink might adhere to ?

What is the glossy surface ?
A plastic ?
Can you clear coat the piece first with a gloss clear that the ink might adhere to ?
it's a transparent styrene piece, also tried on acetate sheet, that gloss clear didn't work on my inks, after all that trouble, i've decided to use my inks as wash :D

I tried these 3 types on very glossy plastic.

Posca : Stabilo : Faber Castel

All worked well. After drying then buffing with finger Posca stuck the best. Could not budge it.

I tried these 3 types on very glossy plastic.

Posca : Stabilo : Faber Castel

All worked well. After drying then buffing with finger Posca stuck the best. Could not budge it.
I think you are talking about permanent markers? I could not find so many color options on those brands

...i want to paint transparent pieces...
When you say that you "want to paint transparent pieces," can you provide us with more detail about what specifically you are trying to paint?
That is, are you trying to paint a canopy frame, putting color in very smaller areas but leaving much of the piece clear?
Are you trying to tint a windshield, so, you want color over larger areas, while keeping a level of translucency?
Something else entirely?
Depending on the desired result, perhaps markers aren't a good tool to use.

When you say that you "want to paint transparent pieces," can you provide us with more detail about what specifically you are trying to paint?
That is, are you trying to paint a canopy frame, putting color in very smaller areas but leaving much of the piece clear?
Are you trying to tint a windshield, so, you want color over larger areas, while keeping a level of translucency?
Something else entirely?
Depending on the desired result, perhaps markers aren't a good tool to use.
I'm trying to paint interior of my armor's lenses so i want transluency, then paint with silver marker to make it a little bit shine. Also i'm planning to use it on one of my 4x4 armored vehicle's glasses to tint, which i don't think it will be possible.

I'm trying to paint interior of my armor's lenses so i want transluency, then paint with silver marker to make it a little bit shine. Also i'm planning to use it on one of my 4x4 armored vehicle's glasses to tint, which i don't think it will be possible.
All those CY are possible with Posca.

They come in fine & broad. The ink is controled by pressing the nib for more ink.

There are translucent types in the mix of types.

Vallejo also have a translucent range in their armory. Use as a wash. Used it on clear plastic works well

Laurie

All those CY are possible with Posca.

They come in fine & broad. The ink is controled by pressing the nib for more ink.

There are translucent types in the mix of types.

Vallejo also have a translucent range in their armory. Use as a wash. Used it on clear plastic works well

Laurie
Are posca acrylic or alcohol based?

Posca have translucent types in their array. They come in fine 7 fatter. Press the nib & you get more ink.

Vallejo do a tanslucent range. use it on cockpit covers & works well.

Laurie

Just did a search

What kind of paint is used in POSCA markers? POSCA markers contain high quality water-based acrylic paint made in Japan. The paint is highly opaque, quick drying and blendable when wet.

Latest posts

Back