Decanting problem

CY343491

Hi,
I used to decant my aerosol cans with straw method. I've wondered, opened a decanted can and recognized that i lost so much paint with this method. Now i'm decanting my aerosol cans with piercing and pouring method. I'm piercing my can at the very top to make it discharge propellant gas. I don't really agitate it, i treat the can like a baby to not to agitate, but when i pierce it a smallest hole it sprays paint with propellant gas, i'm sure there shouldn't be any paint at the top of the can. Where do i make mistake?

The propellant is liquified under pressure .
The paint and propellant are a solution so when you puncture the top both are going to be released .

It's not just a gas bubble atop the paint .
When you puncture the can the drop in pressure causes the remaining liquid propellant to boil and carry the paint with it .

Are you recovering the butane , propane and using it for cooking ?
If you're talking about propellant gas, i don't know it's contents, i just discharge propellant gas to open air and pour the paint to my jars. By the way i only use butane to light my cigarattes and i don't recover at all, there are cheap butane tubes on market.

The propellant is liquified under pressure .
The paint and propellant are a solution so when you puncture the top both are going to be released .

It's not just a gas bubble atop the paint .
When you puncture the can the drop in pressure causes the remaining liquid propellant to boil and carry the paint with it .
It makes sense, thanks
How can this guy make it without a drop of paint

Temperature ?
Going by his comment on the weather , the video being uploaded March 6 and he's wearing long sleeves that look like jacket sleeves , it's cold there .
Refrigerate the can first .
You might not get such clean results , or you may .
The coating ( paint ) will have a big effect on this . Low viscosity coatings will entrain easier .

Temperature ?
Going by his comment on the weather , the video being uploaded March 6 and he's wearing long sleeves that look like jacket sleeves , it's cold there .
Refrigerate the can first .
You might not get such clean results , or you may .
The coating ( paint ) will have a big effect on this . Low viscosity coatings will entrain easier .
It's 27°C here now, next time i'll try to put the can in refrigerator for two hours.

Can you identify the brand of spray paint in that video ?

"Hycote" witten on can, i googled it and i think it's a UK brand. There's no such that brand where i live. I use brands such as Polisan, Motip, Molotow, Raymax.

Success ?
... or did you forget to extinguish your cigarette and blow up ?
:) That happened once before. I've tried a new method, turned can upside down waited for 20 minutes then i've opened little part of the bottom of the can with can opener, strange but now it's degassing with no paint. When it's totally depressurized i'll cut all the bottom with can opener.

The lower the temperature the better

" That happened once before. "
What ?!

Latest posts

Back