Q&A | Aircraft Group Build - Navy and Marine Aircraft

Eastrock said:
A hornet? I'm thinking about the movie Top Gun ^^ Does the Mig 25 Qualify?
Don't know about the Mig 25. Top Gun, however used a totally fictional Mig-28

JMac said:
Elm City Hobbies said:
Yeah, F-106 was never carrier based, strictly an AF aircraft
Carsenault said:
13aceofspades13 said:
alright people, lets kick some tires and light some fires, prep your aircraft for takeoff, and lets get ready to rock and role!

i will hopefully scrounge up something to build, i know for a fact i can post the F-106X beacuse i think it was carrier based.. but the bad thing is its USAF.

To my knowledge, the 106 was never carrier based, and I dont believe it was ever operated by a naval or marine unit. Sorry dude

Ace - If you really want to to build a delta wing Marine fighter, take a look around for an F-21 (basically a leased Israli Kfir). I think that would be a wicked cool subject.

ill have a look.

Hey Guys

About the tail hook on Air Force fighter jets they have them mounted for emergency landings when the brakes,hydraulics,chutes etc fail.F-16 F-15 F-104 and so on.

Fruit they also made early stukas for aircraft carrier duty but never happened since they never finished their carrier and the aircraft went to serve in the regular Luftwaffe.

The markings on them are an anchor emblem on the fuselage different I would say. Might be something to look into.

hmm. so aircraft that can land on aircrat carriers only ? is this right cos i saw a lovly baufighter today amoung others that ild like to try ;D

Cool! I have a sweet Bf-109T from Model Hobby, and I've been needing an excuse to build up that engine!

spud said:
hmm. so aircraft that can land on aircrat carriers only ? is this right cos i saw a lovly baufighter today amoung others that ild like to try ;D

if i remember correctly, Marine too....

Lot's of confusion. Here's the pertinent info from the opening thread.

Aircraft Group Build - Navy and Marine Aircraft
Any era
Any country
Any scale
Navy and Marine Aircraft

ShutterAce said:
Lot's of confusion. Here's the pertinent info from the opening thread.

Aircraft Group Build - Navy and Marine Aircraft
Any era
Any country
Any scale
Navy and Marine Aircraft

that pretty much sums it up!

Just bought something sweet from China.... Half price to! Now I'm hunting for current decals.... And I'll be all set! If too complicated? I'll use my back up plan!

spud said:

No...just because it had the ability to land on a carrier, doesn't make it a carrier, or navy/marine aircraft. They landed an USAF C-130 on the USS Forrestal, but doesn't make it a carrier aircraft.

Has to have served with a country's Navy or Marines, or in the case of the Bf-109T...intended to serve.

And doesn't necessarily have to be an aircraft that is carrier capable. The USN F-16N Aggressors are certainly a Navy aircraft (same as the F-21), but they aren't carrier capable, and only served as aggressor training aircraft at their flight schools.

Elm City Hobbies said:
spud said:

No...just because it had the ability to land on a carrier, doesn't make it a carrier, or navy/marine aircraft. They landed an USAF C-130 on the USS Forrestal, but doesn't make it a carrier aircraft.

Has to have served with a country's Navy or Marines, or in the case of the Bf-109T...intended to serve.

And doesn't necessarily have to be an aircraft that is carrier capable. The USN F-16N Aggressors are certainly a Navy aircraft (same as the F-21), but they aren't carrier capable, and only served as aggressor training aircraft at their flight schools.

Thanks! Can't be any clearer than that! Well said!

We should be able to see a wide variety of airplanes from all around the world..... Not just U.S. Or Russia.

See you in October.

Thanks again for the clarification !

it was used on the coast for attacking ships and bombers, i dint find any reference to say it was used on a carrier.

i think ill do the Tamiya 1/48 Corsair F4U-1D comes with a tug, or there is an other version. ill see what my lhs has in stock regaurding kits.
This is going to be my first aircraft ever i think..

spud said:
it was used on the coast for attacking ships and bombers, i dint find any reference to say it was used on a carrier.

i think ill do the Tamiya 1/48 Corsair F4U-1D comes with a tug, or there is an other version. ill see what my lhs has in stock regaurding kits.
This is going to be my first aircraft ever i think..

So, I'm not the only one thinking about doing a Corsair then...? ;D

Only problem is that importing all these kits from England is getting rather expensive...

the corsair is gona cost me £27 and i can get 2 day shipping to ireland for 10 euro or snail mail for 8 euro. so around 40 euro for that kit isnt so bad for me. but ill check my lhs and see what they have before i finalize my choice

spud said:
the corsair is gona cost me £27 and i can get 2 day shipping to ireland for 10 euro or snail mail for 8 euro. so around 40 euro for that kit isnt so bad for me. but ill check my lhs and see what they have before i finalize my choice

Last I checked I wasn't going to get away with less than some £20 to £25 for shipping a single kit to Denmark, almost doubling the price of the kit...

this is were i get my stuff emodels give them a call and ask them what they charge to ship to denmark. i placed a fairly chunky order with them for paints dvds oils ak stuff and a ssecond order for my brother that has a kit and more paint and they combined the order and still only cost me €10.25.

they use DPD Royal mail and i Think TNT for shipping so when you place an order they get the best price and then send you a payment request on paypal. if you use it

you can also send them a mail from the contact us link on the Very top of the page

If scott wasnt on the other side of the planet ild prob use his store ;D

spud said:
this is were i get my stuff emodels give them a call and ask them what they charge to ship to denmark. i placed a fairly chunky order with them for paints dvds oils ak stuff and a ssecond order for my brother that has a kit and more paint and they combined the order and still only cost me €10.25.

they use DPD Royal mail and i Think TNT for shipping so when you place an order they get the best price and then send you a payment request on paypal. if you use it

you can also send them a mail from the contact us link on the Very top of the page

If scott wasnt on the other side of the planet ild prob use his store ;D

Thanks for the tip. I'll give them a look...

I used to order a lot from Model Hobbies. But several months ago they mispacked my order and since then they've been completely MIA, ignoring any and all mails I've been sending. Ok, it was only a couple of sanding sticks that were missing. No big deal, as far as money is concerned. But it's the principle...

Latest posts

Back